Son of Former Dallas Legend Signs with Sidekicks
(ALLEN, TEXAS: September 18, 2019) The Dallas Sidekicks have signed midfielder Alexander Molano for the 2019-2020 Major Arena Soccer League season. This will be Molano's rookie season with the Sidekicks. Per team and league policies, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Molano is the son of legendary Sidekicks forward and former assistant coach Willie Molano. Alex went to Colleyville Heritage High School and calls Grapevine, Texas home. He has played professional soccer in Croatia and Sweden along with playing for domestic professional teams including the Swope Park Rangers and Colorado Springs Switchbacks, FC of the United Soccer League. He also played with the U-20 United States Men's National Team.
When asked what it means to sign with the Dallas Sidekicks, he said, "I'm happy to be back in my home town playing the sport I love."
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from September 18, 2019
- Tacoma Stars Take on Tacoma Narrows FC - Tacoma Stars
- Waltman Named to U.S. Futsal National Team - Tacoma Stars
- St. Louis Ambush Sign Diego Bobadilla - St. Louis Ambush
- Son of Former Dallas Legend Signs with Sidekicks - Dallas Sidekicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.