Somerset RHP Sean Boyle Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Month for July
Bridgewater, New Jersey - Minor League Baseball has announced that Somerset Patriots RHP Sean Boyle has been named their Eastern League (Double-A) Pitcher of the Month for July.
Boyle went 3-0 with a 0.82 ERA in five starts in which he led the league with 33.0 innings pitched and 35 strikeouts.
He allowed three earned runs and walked just three while holding opponents to a .188 average.
On Saturday, July 30, Boyle tied career-high marks with seven innings pitched and nine strikeouts. It was the fourth time this season he matched both highs. That performance was also his ninth quality start, the longest streak by any minor leaguer since 2019.
For the season, Boyle currently sits at 7-4 with a 3.92 ERA and 110 strikeouts over 101 innings pitched in 18 games started. He is Somerset's leader in wins, ERA, strikeouts and WHIP (1.06) this year.
Boyle, 25, was selected by the New York Yankees in the 25th round of the 2018 MLB Draft out of Dallas Baptist University.
Boyle becomes the third Patriots pitcher since 2021 to be named an MiLB Pitcher of the Month, joining RHP Janson Junk (May 2021) and RHP Hayden Wesneski (September 2021).
Boyle has previously been named MiLB Pitcher of the Week for July 11 -17.
It is the sixth time a Patriot has been honored this season by MiLB. OF Blake Perkins (Player, April 18- April 24), RHP Jhony Brito (Pitcher, April 25-May 1), RHP Randy Vasquez (Pitcher, May 9-May 15) and RHP Will Warren (Pitcher, July 4-11) have previously been recognized as the Eastern League's top weekly performers.
Images from this story
Somerset Patriots pitcher Sean Boyle
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 5, 2022
- Baysox Extend Win Streak with Series Win over Harrisburg - Bowie Baysox
- Rumble Ponies Sweep Patriots in Friday Doubleheader, Take First Four Games of Series - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Rally in Eighth Inning for 3-2 Win over SeaWolves - Portland Sea Dogs
- Myers Homers But Late Walks Loom Large in Defeat - Erie SeaWolves
- R-Phils Top Yard Goats 2-1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Squirrels Break Shutout in Ninth But Fall to Fisher Cats, 6-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Curve Outduel RubberDucks in Walk-Off 2-1 Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Yard Goats' Noah Davis Pitches 8-Inning Complete Game - Hartford Yard Goats
- Subway Series Loss Result of Season-Long Skid - Somerset Patriots
- Curve Walk-Off 'Ducks in Wild Wet-Weather Affair - Altoona Curve
- Sens Home Runs Not Enough in 5-4 Loss - Harrisburg Senators
- Blue Jays Top Pitching Prospect Ricky Tiedemann Joins Fisher Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Somerset RHP Sean Boyle Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Month for July - Somerset Patriots
- Brett Baty Named MiLB Player of the Month for July - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- August 5, 2022 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Somerset Patriots Stories
- Trio of Homers, Lights out Pitching Seize Somerset's Series Win
- Early Onslaught Too Much to Overcome in Saturday Loss
- Deivi Dominates, Fanning Ten in Friday Night Victory
- Burt's Blast Not Enough to Win Thursday Matinee
- Beeter Starts Patriots' Eighth Shutout Win of the Season