Snakes Finalize Roster
Columbus Cottonmouths head coach Jerome 'Boom Boom' Bechard has finalized the Snakes 2008-09 opening night roster. The Cottonmouths have released defenseman Lance Smith, which brings the final roster to 18 players. With that transaction, Will Barlow will move back from forward to defense.
The Snakes roster consists of mostly familiar faces, with only three newcomers to the Snake Pit. The team returns seven forwards, four defensemen and a goalie from last season, while three players return from previous stints with the Snakes. Michael George, Brad Patterson and Mark Stockdale come to the Snakes for their first season in Columbus.
"We've got three solid lines that are all capable of putting the puck in the net and should boost our goal scoring," head coach Jerome Bechard said. "With a lot more depth and size on the blue line and two number-one goalies, we've got the tools we need to win another championship."
The Cottonmouths open the season at home tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 24 against the Huntsville Havoc, and host the Knoxville Ice Bears Saturday, Oct. 25. Game time for both nights is 7:30 p.m.
The Snakes 2008-09 roster is as follows:
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from October 23, 2008
- Cyclones Release Roster - Twin City Cyclones
- Renegades Set Final Roster - Richmond Renegades
- Snakes Finalize Roster - Columbus Cottonmouths
- Havoc Trims Roster to 18 - Huntsville Havoc
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Cottonmouths Stories
- Columbus River Dragons Unveil Training Camp Roster
- Columbus River Dragons Partner with LiveSource for Merchandise Auctions this Season
- Cottonmouths Announce Roster for January 27 and 28
- Cottonmouths Announce Roster for January 27
- Cottonmouths Announce New Co-Coach, Orrin Hergott