Sky Sox Rally For 4-3 Walk Off Win Over Nashville
The Colorado Springs Sky Sox outlasted the weather and the Nashville Sounds as they came from behind to win 4-3 in walk off fashion on Thursday evening at Security Service Field. The contest actually began on Wednesday, August 5 but was suspended in the bottom of the second inning because of rain with the Sounds ahead 1-0. The game was resumed today as part of a doubleheader and the Sox rallied from behind twice to even the series at one all heading into the nightcap.
Down 1-0 in the third, the Sox tied it up after Eric Young Jr. led off the inning with a double and later scored on a sac fly by Matt Murton. Nashville scored twice in the fifth on a two-run single by Johnny Raburn to take a 3-1 lead but Colorado Springs answered with single tallies in the fifth, sac fly by Miller, and seventh, RBI single by Murton, to knot the game at three all and set up the ninth inning dramatics.
In the bottom of the ninth, Miller led off with a single and one out later moved to third on a single by Dan Ortmeier. Kenny Perez came to the plate next and promptly knocked a solid single up the middle to score Miller and send the Sox home winners.
Joel Peralta (5-0) worked a scoreless ninth to earn the victory and Sam Narron (1-5) took the loss after working 6.2 innings in relief and giving up four runs on 12 hits.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 7, 2009
- Z's Fall in 9th - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Portland Overcomes Albequerque - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox Fall to Sounds, 5-2 in Second Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Late HRs Push Beavers to Victory - Portland Beavers
- Gulin, Sounds Down Sox In 7-Inning Contest - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Rally Past Sounds In Completion Of Suspended Game - Nashville Sounds
- Aces Fall to Cubs - Reno Aces
- Cubs Pick Up a Win - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Rally For 4-3 Walk Off Win Over Nashville - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hernandez Shuts Express Down - Round Rock Express
- The Simpsons Documentary To Visit Isotopes Park - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Eric Maynor to Throw Out First Pitch at Tonight's Bees Game - Salt Lake Bees
- Special Perfect Game Presentation Today at Security Service Field - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Nashville Eeks Out 8-7 Win Over Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sounds Win Wild One Against Sky Sox, 8-7 - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.