Simpson is Co-Defensive Player of the Week
(North Little Rock, AR) - Arkansas Twisters defensive back Jason Simpson is the af2 Co-Defensive Player of the Week for week 17 as announced by the arenafootball2 office.
Simpson help lead the Twisters over Oklahoma City by finishing with a game high 11.5 tackles, two interceptions, three pass deflections, and one return touchdown. He also became the first player in af2 history to eclipse 130 tackles in a season. Simpson has 132 total tackles with one game remaining. He also ranks among the league leaders in interceptions and pass deflections.
Deon Giddens of Manchester also earned the honor after intercepting four passes in a game.
The Twisters have clinched a spot in the ArenaCup Playoffs for the fourth time in six years. They close out the regular season on Saturday, July 28th at Alltel Arena against Amarillo (3-12). If Arkansas defeats Amarillo, the Twisters will earn home field advantage for the first round of the playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 26, 2007
- Quad City Steamwheelers Keep Division Championship Hopes Alive - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Former Dorados in ArenaBowl - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Friday Night matchup - af2
- Sharks Weekly - Corpus Christi Sharks
- af2 Quick Hitters - af2
- Simpson is Co-Defensive Player of the Week - Arkansas Diamonds
- Twisters Game Notes - Arkansas Diamonds
- Giddens Honored By af2 - Manchester Wolves
- Playoff Tickets Go On Sale Monday - Arkansas Diamonds
- af2 Weekly Awards - af2
- Jungle Kats Close-Out Regular Season in Alabama Saturday Night - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Steeldogs Come Home With Playoffs On The Line - Alabama Steeldogs
- Steeldogs' Tanney Named af2 Offensive Player of the Week - Alabama Steeldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.