Silvertips Host Family Coordinator Janet Hawes and Education Coordinator Darren Parsons Renewed for the 2019-20 Season
EVERETT, Wash. - The Everett Silvertips (@WHLSilvertips), seven-time U.S. Division champions and the 2018-19 Western Hockey League Business of the Year, have renewed billet coordinator Janet Hawes and education coordinator Darren Parsons for the 2019-20 season, Silvertips general manager Garry Davidson announced today.
"Janet and Darren are integral parts of our organization and function in a way that's so critical to the success in the lives of our players, off the ice," said Davidson. "We're very satisfied to confirm their continued service as a part of the Everett Silvertips. Janet works incredibly hard at ensuring a peaceful and comfortable environment at every home our players make for their own, and Darren's touch on the educational development of our players has delivered excellent results."
Hawes, entering her fourth full season as billet coordinator, works to match players with a "billet" family, providing players with a place to live during the season in Everett and surrounding communities within Snohomish County.
Hawes, a resident of Snohomish County with husband, Pat, coordinates potential billet applications with a screening process prior to selection and once approved through in-season updates to ensure upkeep and lifestyle quality control for the player's living arrangements. Each approved billet family receives a stipend for player nutrition, tickets to Silvertips home games, and invitations to team events.
Parsons, entering his ninth season as Education Coordinator with the Silvertips, oversees player education during their high school tenure where a majority are enrolled and supported at Everett High School, and is responsible for maximizing additional educational opportunities following their graduation. A defenseman for three years (1986-89) in the Western Hockey League with the Regina Pats and Brandon Wheat Kings, he currently teaches language arts classes for grades 10-12 at Everett High.
In the 2018-19 season, Dustin Wolf earned the Doc Seaman Memorial Trophy (WHL Scholastic Player of the Year) and CHL Scholastic Player of the Year award during Parsons time in Everett. Wolf maintained a 100% average across a Grade 12 workload covering four courses including English, Statistics, Economics, and American Government.
Overall, Wolf posted a 98.8 percent average over his high school years. This season, while helping backstop the Silvertips to their third U.S. Division title in four seasons, he was also named recipient of the club's Most Dedicated Player, Community Relations, and Scholastic Player of the Year awards. It was the second time for a Silvertip player in three years to have claimed the WHL Scholastic Player of the Year award. Forward Brian King (2015-17) earned the award in 2016-17
BILLETING OPPORTUNITIES FOR 2019-20 SEASON
The Silvertips are accepting applications for billeting candidates for the upcoming 2019-20 hockey season, providing players with a host home during the course of their hockey careers in Everett. Each billet family will undergo a background screening process and once selected, will receive a stipend arrangement to cover necessary player nutritional needs, Silvertips tickets, and more. More information, including the billet application for download, can be accessed at the link below. Further questions can be addressed by calling the Silvertips at (425) 252-5100 or by e-mailing [email protected]
2019-20 SCHEDULE, TICKET INFORMATION
The Silvertips open the pre-season on Friday, Aug. 30 during the Delta Hotels Preseason Classic in downtown Everett, at 7:00 p.m. against the Tri-City Americans. The Tips full regular season schedule (home opener is Sept. 20 vs. Tri-City at 7:35pm) for the 2019-20 season will be announced soon, offering full 34-game season tickets, 22-game, and 14-game plans for as little as $215 total per seat. Deposits for $50 will secure a seat for the 2019-20 season, available at www.everettsilvertips.com/season or by calling (425) 252-5100 during normal business hours (Monday through Thursday during the offseason, 9am to 4pm).
Tips pre-season home tickets are expected to go on sale beginning Aug. 1.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Lee invited to Sharks development camp as a free agent - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Host Family Coordinator Janet Hawes and Education Coordinator Darren Parsons Renewed for the 2019-20 Season - Everett Silvertips
- Rockets announce 2019-20 home opener - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Open 2019-20 Home Schedule on Friday, September 20 vs. the Tri-City Americans at 7:35 p.m. - Everett Silvertips
- Zummack Invited to Tampa Bay's Development Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Home Opener Announced September 21 - Portland Winterhawks
- Meet Craig Beauchemin - the New Voice of Living Sky Casino Broncos Hockey Broadcasts - Swift Current Broncos
- 2019 Home Opener Date Set - Saskatoon Blades
- Kamloops Blazers Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Kamloops Blazers
- Toporowski Invited to Winnipeg Jets' Development Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Hitmen Announce 2019-20 Home Opener and Unveil Anniversary Logo - Calgary Hitmen
- Rockets announce 2019-20 home opener - Kelowna Rockets
- Wheat Kings Announce Home Opener Date - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Dairy Queen Home Opener Announced - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Tigers Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Americans Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Tri-City Americans
- Chiefs' 2019-20 Home Opener Announced - Spokane Chiefs
- T-Birds Face Kamloops Blazers in 2019-20 Home Opener - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Giants Announce 2019 CIBC Home Opener to Take Place Friday, September 27th - Vancouver Giants
- Oil Kings Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Tigers to Attend NHL Development Camps - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Silvertips Sign Drafted Prospect Goaltender Evan May to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Tips D Olen Zellweger, Head Coach Dennis Williams Honored by Hockey Canada for U18 Competition
- Dustin Wolf of the Silvertips Named 2019-20 CHL Goaltender of the Year
- Dustin Wolf Recognized by USA Hockey with Dave Peterson Goaltender of the Year Award
- Silvertips Sign Forward and U.S. Born Prospect Matthew Ng to WHL Standard Player Agreement