Seventh Inning Rally Propels Miracle In 3-2 Win
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - The Miracle rallied for two runs with two out in the top of the seventh inning and hung on to beat the Florida Fire Frogs, 3-2, on Sunday afternoon at Osceola County Stadium.
Down 2-1 with the bases empty and two out in the seventh, Royce Lewis started the rally with a triple off the wall in left center field. Taylor Grzelakowski followed with an RBI double to tie the game and Jose Miranda put the Miracle in front for good with an RBI single.
Grzelakowski finished 3-for-4 in the game to raise his batting average to .301. Miranda reached all four times with a pair of singles and two walks.
Adam Bray (2-0) earned the win in relief for the Miracle with two scoreless innings and five strikeouts. Hector Lujan recorded a six-out save, his third of the season. He stranded the tying and winning runs on base in the bottom of the ninth.
Each team scored a run in the third inning. Alex Kirilloff delivered an RBI double for the Miracle. In the bottom of the frame, the Fire Frogs loaded the bases with nobody out against Charlie Barnes. Number two hitter in the order Riley Delgado drew a bases loaded walk, but Barnes retired the next three to escape the jam and keep the game tied.
Barnes went five innings and struck out six. He allowed two runs on six hits and walked one.
Florida took the lead in the fifth inning on an RBI single by Delgado and led 2-1 until the Miracle rallied in the seventh.
Tyler Watson (0-1) suffered the loss in relief for Florida.
Fort Myers took three out of four games from the Fire Frogs to earn its eighth consecutive series win. Overall, the Miracle have won 19 of their last 25 games.
The Miracle return home Monday to open an important four-game series against the first place Charlotte Stone Crabs. First pitch from Hammond Stadium is 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Tortugas & Hammerheads Rained Out, Will Not be Made Up - Daytona Tortugas
- David Wright to Rehab in St. Lucie on Monday - St. Lucie Mets
- Ramos, Lartigue Lead Threshers to 4-1 Victory over Mets - Clearwater Threshers
- Threshers Pull Away for 4-1 Win against Mets - St. Lucie Mets
- Stone Crabs Drop Finale 11-4 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Seventh Inning Rally Propels Miracle In 3-2 Win - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Sanchez Solid in Debut, Florida Drops Finale - Florida Fire Frogs
- Marauders and Tarpons Suspended: Game Will Resume in Tampa on August 31 - Bradenton Marauders
- Tampa Tarpons Game Notes: at Bradenton - Tampa Tarpons
- Florida Fire Frogs Game Notes: August 12, 2018 - Florida Fire Frogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Myers Mighty Mussels Stories
- Aaron Sutton Named First Mussels Manager
- Mighty Mussels to Host Ballpark Festival of Beers on January 25
- 'Mighty Mussels' Baseball Team to Debut in Fort Myers
- Zawyer Sports Announces New President, Management Team to Oversee Fort Myers Miracle
- Miracle Announce 2020 Schedule