Seven Norsemen Score in 7-1 Win over Bismarck
St. Cloud, Minn. - The St. Cloud Norsemen used seven different goal-scorers to secure a 7-1 victory on Saturday night in front of a great crowd at the Municipal Athletic Complex.
Defenseman Evan Murr (Stillwater, MN), Blake Perbix (Princeton, MN//Northern Michigan) and Brandon Lajoie (Eagle River, AK//Alaska-Anchorage) each tallied a goal and an assist. St. Cloud State commit, defenseman John Opilka (Effingham, Ill.) also scored, along with Ryan O'Neill (Roseville, MN//Univ. of St. Thomas), Peyton Hanson (Hudson, WI) and Logan Kittleson (Burnsville, MN).
Murr scored on a 5-on-3 power play to give the Norsemen a 1-0 lead in the first. Five players scored in the second and Bismarck chipped in a goal and the Norsemen took a 6-1 lead heading to the final frame. Kittleson added the third period goal to cap off the St. Cloud win.
Ethan Dahlmeir (Lakeville, MN) got the win in goal, making 17 saves. The Norsemen once again heavily outshot their opponents, with a 49-18 advantage in shots on goal.
St. Cloud (15-12-0-1) picked up two points in the NAHL Central Division standings. The Norsemen will face the division leading Austin Bruins next weekend, on the road Friday and back home Saturday for a 7:00 pm puck drop.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2022
- Ice Dogs Headed Home - Fairbanks Ice Dogs
- Hat Tricks Drop Series Finale against Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Hat Tricks in Search of Series Win in Rubber Match against Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Seven Norsemen Score in 7-1 Win over Bismarck - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Wings Win Fourth Straight in 5-4 Saturday Shootout - Aberdeen Wings
- Deja Vu Sets in as Bulls Fall in Shootout Saturday - North Iowa Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.