Second-Year Defensive Back Cockrell Re-Signs with Rattlers
PHOENIX - The six-time world champion Arizona Rattlers re-signed defensive back Devin Cockrell for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
DB Devin Cockrell (5'10, 195, University of Texas El Paso) returns for his second season with the Arizona Rattlers. Cockrell played in every game for the Rattlers in 2019, recording 54 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, four pass break-ups, one interception, and a fumble recovery, which he returned for a touchdown.
The Port Arthur, Texas native played four seasons at UTEP and was twice named an All-Conference USA Honorable Mention. During his freshman year in 2013, Cockrell led the team with 76 tackles and led all Conference USA freshmen in tackles. Cockrell, a four-year starter, recorded 247 tackles, 15.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, and three interceptions for UTEP.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 12, 2020
- Second-Year Defensive Back Cockrell Re-Signs with Rattlers - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Rattlers Stories
- Arizona Rattlers Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season
- Long-Time Pro Kicker Lacayo Signs with Rattlers
- Second-Year Defensive Back Cockrell Re-Signs with Rattlers
- First-Year Offensive Linemen Hickey, Thomas Signed by Rattlers
- Rookie Receiver Pelletier Signs with Rattlers