Second Half Gets Away from Knicks in Grand Rapids' Win
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, could not keep up with the tempo and let the Grand Rapids Drive run off with a 117-105 win at DeltaPlex Arena Tuesday evening.
Both teams stayed in close grips with neither team leading by more than five through the first 24 minutes. The Drive (20-14) had the Knicks (16-19) by three and the Knicks experienced a five-point advantage, but the playing field was flattened by a 57-up line at half. New York Knicks assignee Ignas Brazdeikis immediately emerged with 16 points at the intermission.
Grand Rapids cracked open a double-digit lead approaching the third quarter's conclusion. With 1:33 to go in the window, Adam Woodbury cashed in on a free-throw valued at two points which capped a near two-minute 11-0 run for the hosts.
Westchester was unable to mimic the first half's competitiveness and trailed by 10-plus points for the duration of the game.
Brazdeikis finished with a team-high 23 points, his 14th game with at least 20 or more, a pair of triples, six boards and four helpers in 37 minutes. Two-Way player Kadeem Allen scored 12 points on 50-percent and dished a team-best seven dimes. Tim Bond donated 16 points, 11 boards and five assists.
For the Drive, Jordan Bone and Louis King each recorded 20-point performances. Bone's game-high 25 mostly came off of his five made threes which also accompanied seven assists. King's 20 complimented 10 assists. Donta Hall hauled 12 boards.
NBA All-Star Break allots the Knicks time off before their next game, Wednesday, February 19 at Raptors 905.
Another Strong Game for Ignas Brazdeikis with Westchester - https://youtu.be/waSu3c3Cpak
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 11, 2020
- Skyforce Drops 98-88 Contest to Blue Coats - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Come Back for Overtime Win against Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Drive Win Third Straight Behind Big Three - Grand Rapids Drive
- Second Half Gets Away from Knicks in Grand Rapids' Win - Westchester Knicks
- Clips Run out of Gas in Second Half, Fall to Hustle - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Hustle Snap Five-Game Road Losing Streak in Matinee Win over Clippers - Memphis Hustle
- Moses Brown and Jaylen Hoard Transferred from Texas Legends to Trail Blazers - Texas Legends
- Wisconsin Schools College Park on Education Day - Wisconsin Herd
- Collin Sexton Named to U.S. Team for 2020 NBA Rising Stars at All-Star Weekend in Chicago - Canton Charge
- Legends Come up Short in OT - Texas Legends
- Stars Best Legends in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.