Seals Select Seven in 2020 NLL Entry Draft
(San Diego, CA) - The San Diego Seals selected seven players, including two first rounders, in the 2020 NLL Entry Draft on Thursday night.
"We feel confident with the players selected in tonight's draft," said General Manager and Head Coach Patrick Merrill. "We added guys who are talented, dedicated and excited about their NLL careers. On behalf of the entire Seals organization, I'd like to welcome these players to the Seals family, and we can't wait to see their talents on the floor."
With the fourth overall pick in the 2020 NLL Entry Draft, the Seals selected Tre Leclaire, a right-handed forward out of Ohio State University. Leclaire, 22, ranks second in school history with 135 career goals in 54 games. His 173 career points (135G, 38A) are sixth most in program history. The 6-2, 210-pound forward is a three-time All-American and a two-time All-Big Ten selection. He ranked sixth in the country in career goals scored amongst active players through the end of the 2020 season and has scored at least 26 goals in every season of his career despite having his 2020 season cut short to just seven games due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
San Diego then selected forward Mac O'Keefe with the 15th overall selection in the draft. O'Keefe ranks in the top-ten in NCAA Division I history in goals scored and holds the Big Ten and program records for goals scored. He is a three-time All-American and has earned All-Big Ten honors twice. The 6-0, 180-pound forward ranks third in program history and 10th in the Big Ten with 234 points. He was voted the 2019 Big Ten Tournament MVP and won four Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week awards.
The Seals added depth when the team selected Danny Logan from the University of Denver, Rob Stovel from Providence College and California native Troy Loper. San Diego rounded out the draft with a variety of talent highlighted by athleticism and strength. Below is the complete draft list:
The San Diego Seals will return to Pechanga Arena for the 2020-21 season this winter, the NLL's 35th anniversary season. Place your season ticket membership deposit today at SealsLax.com.
About San Diego Seals: The San Diego Seals are a team in the 35-year-old National Lacrosse League (NLL), the world's only professional box lacrosse league. The league ranks third in average attendance for professional indoor sports worldwide, behind the NBA and NHL. The Seals play the majority of their home games at Pechanga Arena San Diego, the city's leading destination for sporting events, family shows and live entertainment. For more information, visit SealsLax.com or follow the Seals on social media.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 18, 2020
- Colorado Bolsters Roster with 11 Selections, Two Trades During 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- Philadelphia Wings Add Eight Players to Roster at 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees - New England Black Wolves
- National Lacrosse League Completes 2020 Entry Draft - NLL
- Swarm Make Numerous Key Additions at 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Georgia Swarm
- Roughnecks Select Nine in 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Bandits Select Six in 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Buffalo Bandits
- Warriors Stock the Cupboard with the 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Vancouver Warriors
- Thunderbirds Bolster Defense in 2020 Entry Draft - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Rock Select Six at NLL Draft - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Acquire Eight Players in 2020 NLL Entry Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- Seals Select Seven in 2020 NLL Entry Draft - San Diego Seals
- New York Riptide Select Eight Players the NLL Draft - New York Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.