Seals Lose Hartley, Kelly in NLL Expansion Draft
The San Diego Seals lost goaltender Rylan Hartley and forward Connor Kelly in the 2019 NLL Expansion Draft on Tuesday morning. Hartley was selected in the third round, sixth overall, by the Rochester Knighthawks while Kelly was selected in the third round, seventh overall, by the New York Riptide.
Hartley was selected in the second round of the 2018 NLL Entry Draft. He did not see any action during the Seals inaugural season due to injury.
Kelly appeared in seven games for San Diego as a rookie registering nine goals, eight assists and 17 points. He was named the NLL Rookie of the Week after a break-out game against New England where he scored a career-high four goals and six points.
The San Diego Seals return for their second season in December at Pechanga Arena San Diego. Place your season ticket membership deposit today at SealsLax.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Steve Fryer and Chris Wardle Selected in NLL Expansion Draft, Wardle Traded to Colorado for Julian Garritano and Mike Mallory - Colorado Mammoth
- Warriors Acquire Mike Mallory from Rochester - Vancouver Warriors
- Lintner and McArdle Claimed in Expansion Draft - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Select Shawn Evans First Overall in 2019 NLL Expansion Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- 2019 NLL Expansion Draft Results & Trades Announced - NLL
- Holden Cattoni and John Ranagan Selected in the 2019 NLL Expansion Draft - Georgia Swarm
- Rush Lose Knight & Cornwall in NLL Expansion Draft - Saskatchewan Rush
- Seals Lose Hartley, Kelly in NLL Expansion Draft - San Diego Seals
- Two Roughnecks Claimed in 2019 NLL Expansion Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.