Lintner and McArdle Claimed in Expansion Draft
Oakville, ON - The National Lacrosse League Expansion Draft took place on Tuesday afternoon in Philadelphia, PA with the expansion Rochester Knighthawks and New York Riptide each selecting 11 players.
The Rock, along with all current NLL teams, each lost two players in the Expansion selection process. Forward Dan Lintner was selected by the Rochester Knighthawks with the first pick in the sixth round. The New York Riptide followed that up by picking forward Kieran McArdle with the next selection in the sixth round.
"Dan and Kieran were the two players we anticipated losing," said Rock Owner, President and GM Jamie Dawick. "It's tough to see two guys taken away from your roster that are key parts of your team. You don't want to let them go. At the same time, it's a good opportunity for both of those guys to play a big role with their new clubs. I'd like to thank both Dan and Kieran for their contributions to the Rock and wish them continued success in the NLL."
With the McArdle and Lintner going in this year's expansion draft, and Turner Evans (San Diego) and Brett Hickey (Philadelphia) being taken last year, the Rock have lost four forwards over the course of two expansion drafts.
"With four offensive players taken over these two drafts, I think it speaks to the depth we've had up front on our roster. We protected five forwards and typically dress seven forwards each game, so it means there will be some change this season. We will look to address our organizational needs via free agency, trades and the NLL Draft. The expansion process puts some pressure on the guys you protected to continue to perform, and the guys you bring in need to step up and earn their spot."
For the complete results of the NLL Expansion Draft, visit nll.com.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive at 416-596-3075 or visit torontorock.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Steve Fryer and Chris Wardle Selected in NLL Expansion Draft, Wardle Traded to Colorado for Julian Garritano and Mike Mallory - Colorado Mammoth
- Warriors Acquire Mike Mallory from Rochester - Vancouver Warriors
- Lintner and McArdle Claimed in Expansion Draft - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Select Shawn Evans First Overall in 2019 NLL Expansion Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- 2019 NLL Expansion Draft Results & Trades Announced - NLL
- Holden Cattoni and John Ranagan Selected in the 2019 NLL Expansion Draft - Georgia Swarm
- Rush Lose Knight & Cornwall in NLL Expansion Draft - Saskatchewan Rush
- Seals Lose Hartley, Kelly in NLL Expansion Draft - San Diego Seals
- Two Roughnecks Claimed in 2019 NLL Expansion Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.