Sea Dogs Recall G Tommy Da Silva
SAINT JOHN - The Saint John Sea Dogs have recalled goaltender Tommy Da Silva from the College Charles-Lemoyne Riverains of the Quebec Midget AAA Hockey League.
Da Silva, who turned 17 in late January, was selected by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles in the second round (36th overall) of the 2017 QMJHL Entry Draft, and was the first goaltender taken. The Sea Dogs acquired him in a trade from Cape Breton on January 3rd.
The native of La Prairie, Quebec, has played 18 games in his second season with the Riverains, posting a 6-11 record with a 3.64 goals-against average and a .900 save percentage. He was 2-2 in five preseason games with the Screaming Eagles.
Listed at 6'1" and 205 lbs., Da Silva also played one game for Canada Red at the 2017 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
Da Silva will be available to play tonight when the Sea Dogs host the Halifax Mooseheads at 7 p.m. at Harbour Station. Tickets are available at the Harbour Station Box Office and online.
Listen LIVE on 96.1 NewSong FM or newsongfm.ca. Watch LIVE on Neulion.
Images from this story
Goaltender Tommy Da Silva with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Sea Dogs Double Mooseheads to End Losing Skid - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Recall G Tommy Da Silva - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- Sea Dogs Looking for Billet Families
- Sea Dogs Select Cajkovic First Overall in CHL Import Draft
- Development Camp, Hall of Fame, Sea Dogs Trade & More
- Defenseman Michael Campoli Commits to the Sea Dogs for 2018-2019 Season
- Saint John Draft Pick Joshua Lawrence Commits to Sea Dogs for 2018-19 Season