Sea Dogs Announce Team Award Winners
SAINT JOHN - The Saint John Sea Dogs celebrated their seventh annual team awards with a banquet at the Delta Brunswick Hotel on Monday night.
Danick Gauthier took home three of the trophies handed out in recognition of outstanding achievements during the 2011-12 season. The 20-year-old forward from Repentigny, Que., received the Pepsi Top Scorer Award for his 86-point season, which included a team-record 47 goals. Gauthier finished sixth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League scoring race, and second in the goals table.
The Tampa Bay Lightning prospect, who set a team record with four hat tricks during the season, also won the Alpine Three Stars Award and was named the Tim Hortons Most Improved Player.
The other winners from Monday night's ceremony were:
Children's Wish Foundation Fan Choice Award - Jonathan Huberdeau
Grant Thornton Rookie of the Year - Oliver Cooper and Sebastien Auger
Scotiabank Community Service Award - Grant West
Irving Oil Team Player Award - Stephen MacAulay
Saint John Airport Academic Player of the Year - Kevin Gagne
Two awards - the Bell Aliant Most Valuable Player and the Sun Life Global Investments Top Defenceman - were not presented at the banquet as they will be named upon the conclusion of the 2012 season. Saint John's opening-round President's Cup playoff series against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles begins at 8 p.m. Friday at Harbour Station. The best-of-seven showdown continues at 7 p.m. Saturday.
A special promotion offering $10 upper-bowl tickets to Game 1 has been extended through Tuesday. Tickets to both games are available by calling the arena box office at (506) 657-1234 or by visiting www.tickets.harbourstation.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2012
- Support the Olympiques at Blainville-Boisbriand - Gatineau Olympiques
- Gourde, Saulnier and Aquin named the TELUS three stars of the week - QMJHL
- Sea Dogs Announce Team Award Winners - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Opening Round Playoff Dates Released - Saint John Sea Dogs
- 2012 President Cup Playoffs kick off on Thursday - QMJHL
- Mooseheads 1st Round Schedule Announced - Halifax Mooseheads
- Les Olympiques Will Face the Armada - Gatineau Olympiques
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- April Update: Humboldt Broncos; Radim Salda NHL Draft; Sea Dogs Alumni Break Record
- In Support of the Humboldt Broncos
- Sea Dogs Awarded Second Overall Pick in 2018 QMJHL Entry Draf
- Salda Named to QMJHL Rookie All-Star Team
- QMJHL Draft Lottery Takes Place Thursday