Schutt Sports Top 12 Poll
April 4, 2006 - Arena Football League (1987-2008) (AFL I) News Release
The Dallas Desperados kept the top spot in the Schutt Sports Top 12 Poll, claiming all 17 first-place votes.
Dallas, which totaled 204 points in voting by members of the Arena Football League Writers Association (AFLWA), is coming off a 51-30 defeat of the Columbus Destroyers. The Desperados (8-2) next play at the No. 8 New York Dragons (6-4), who moved up three spots after downing the Grand Rapids Rampage 48-24.
The Colorado Crush moved ahead two spaces to No. 2 following a 77-47 trouncing of the Nashville Kats. Colorado (7-3) visits Grand Rapids (3-7).
Holding steady at No. 3 were the Austin Wranglers, 43-38 winners over the Philadelphia Soul. Austin (7-3) hosts the No. 5 Georgia Force (6-4), which maintained its position after defeating the Kansas City Brigade 55-47.
The Orlando Predators gained two spots to No. 4 thanks to a 55-27 victory over the Chicago Rush. Orlando (6-4) is at No. 11 Columbus (5-5), which fell three slots.
Nashville (6-4), which fell four places to No. 6, travels to the Las Vegas Gladiators, who are tied with the Arizona Rattlers for No. 9. Las Vegas (5-5) moved into the poll after beating the Los Angeles Avengers 63-49.
The Tampa Bay Storm moved up two spots to No. 7 following a 56-41 victory over the Utah Blaze. Tampa Bay (6-4) is home against the San Jose SaberCats (4-6).
Arizona (5-5), which dropped two places after a 61-49 loss to San Jose, visits Utah (3-7). Philadelphia (5-5), which also fell two spots to go to No. 12, hosts Chicago (4-6).
Schutt Sports, the sports gear company with a reputation for innovation, is sponsoring this season's Top 12 Poll. Its website is www.schuttsports.com.
The AFLWA, founded at the start of the 2004 season, is a national organization made up of media members who cover the Arena Football League. Mark Anderson of the Las Vegas Review-Journal is the AFLWA's founder and executive director. The website is www.aflwa.com.
1. Dallas Desperados 8-2 (17) 204
2. Colorado Crush 7-3 180
3. Austin Wranglers 7-3 177
4. Orlando Predators 6-4 138
5. Georgia Force 6-4 126
6. Nashville Kats 6-4 117
7. Tampa Bay Storm 6-4 111
8. New York Dragons 6-4 92
T9. Arizona Rattlers 5-5 49
T9. Las Vegas Gladiators 5-5 49
11. Columbus Destroyers 5-5 41
12. Philadelphia Soul 5-5 35
Others receiving votes: San Jose SaberCats 6, Chicago Rush 1.
Dropped out: Chicago Rush (12).
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from April 4, 2006
- Utah Blaze game notes - Utah Blaze
- San Jose SaberCats game notes - San Jose SaberCats
- Nelson named AFL's Offensive Player of the Week - San Jose SaberCats
- Beckett.com AFL Collectible Player of the Week - AFL I
- Blue named AFL Ironman of the Week - New York Dragons
- Wacky Wranglers Wednesdays start tomorrow - Austin Wranglers
- Austin Wranglers game notes - Austin Wranglers
- Nashville Kats game notes - Nashville Kats
- New York Dragons game notes - New York Dragons
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- Colorado Crush Game notes - Colorado Crush
- Columbus Destroyers game notes - Columbus Destroyers
- Orlando Predators game notes - Orlando Predators
- AFL names Players of the Week - AFL I
- Rush releases Cornelius White - Chicago Rush
- Schutt Sports Top 12 Poll - AFL I
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.