Schmid Earns First Team All-USHL Honors
Sioux City Musketeers goaltender Akira Schmid, the 2020-21 United States Hockey League Goaltender of the Year, has earned First Team All-USHL honors.
Schmid posted a 22-13-1 record in 36 appearances this season. The Bern, Switzerland, native finished with the USHL's best goals against average (2.01) and save percentage (.921) and added three shutouts, tied for the league lead.
Schmid, 2018 draft selection, signed an entry level professional contract with the New Jersey Devils in late May before earning the league's top goaltending honor.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from June 14, 2021
- Buccaneers Re-Sign Hall of Famer Scott Owens to a Multi-Year Extension - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Schmid Earns First Team All-USHL Honors - Sioux City Musketeers
- Boynton Selected to All-USHL Third Team - Fargo Force
- Three Lumberjacks Named to All-USHL Teams - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- USHL Announces All-USHL Teams for 2020-21 Season - USHL
- Dobes, Martino Named to All-USHL Second Team - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Lead All-USHL Selections with Four Players - Chicago Steel
- Cronin, Thrun Named All-USHL Third Team Selections - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.