Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation Announces Plaza of Honour 13th Fan Breakfast
There is no secret what has made the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club the brand it is -the fans! The Riders would not be where we are today if it weren't for our incredible fans and we believe it's time to show our appreciation to Rider Nation with the new edition of the 13th Fan Breakfast on Saturday, October 9th.
At this event, fans will have the opportunity to kick off their game day experience with a fun filled breakfast that will feature performances by the cheer team and pep band. It will also be an opportunity for fans to hear from and honour our new player inductees to the Plaza of Honour Chris Getzlaf and Andy Fantuz.
"The Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation is thrilled to offer our fans this unique breakfast experience to raise funds to support the Foundation and its Mental Health and Wellness projects. Awarding this kind of honour to fans and letting them join their Rider heroes in the Plaza of Honour is going to be incredible." said Roughrider Foundation Executive Director Cindy Fuchs.
- Date: Saturday, October 9th
- Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Venue: Queensbury Convention Centre, Grand Ballroom
- Tickets: $40 per person, includes a hot plate breakfast and general seating.
To continue to show our appreciation to our fans who support us through all the highs and lows that come on and off the field, we are thrilled to award the first ever 13th Fan of Honour joining other Rider greats in the Plaza of honour, the clubs most prestigious recognition. The two fans who will be awarded the Inaugural Fan of Honour award will be announced at the breakfast.
The 13th Fan of Honour award was created to recognize fans who truly embody what it means to be a member of Rider Nation and have made major contributions to the proud tradition of the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club.
An inductee of the 13th Fan of Honour is judged on the following criteria:
- An individual who has evidence of their passion and devotion to the Saskatchewan Roughriders
- An individual who has an inspirational story or personal history involving the Roughriders
- An individual who demonstrates actions and behaviors that illustrate a positive role model in their community
Please note, the vaccine verification program will be in effect for this event:
- Fans age 12 and over must be able to verify they have received two doses of Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccines (or a mixture of two) or a single dose of Johnson and Johnson to be permitted to enter the event.
- A negative PCR (lab) test from an SHA testing site or a PCR or Rapid Antigen test from a certified testing clinic (at ticketholder's expense) will be required for unvaccinated people aged 12 and over, or those who have only received a single dose of a COVID vaccine.
For more information or to submit a nomination you can visit the 13th Fan of Honour webpage.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Rapid Tests Available at September 18 Elks Game - Edmonton Elks
- Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation Announces Plaza of Honour 13th Fan Breakfast - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Celebrate Inaugural 13th Fan of Honour Recipients
- Roughriders Add Global Kicker and American Linebacker
- Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation Announces 50/50 Funding for Eight Worthy Recipients
- Roughriders Sign CFL All-Star Receiver Duke Williams
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Pledge Increased Commitment to Truth and Reconciliation