Sanders to Return to Mystics
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Washington Mystics General Manager Mike Thibault announced today that LaToya Sanders will return to the team for the 2021 WNBA season. Sanders opted out of the 2020 WNBA season.
"We are so glad to have LaToya back with us this season. She was a huge contributor to our Championship season and we definitely missed her last summer," said Thibault. "LaToya's defensive presence and offensive efficiency has been so valuable to our success, and her leadership is greatly respected by her teammates."
Sanders joined the team in 2015 and has been instrumental to the team's success. During Washington's championship season, she averaged 6.1 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. She has set numerous milestones with Washington, including recording 48 blocks in a season in 2015 (second in franchise history for the most blocks in a single season).
"I am happy to be back with the Mystics. D.C. has been my home since 2015 and I am excited to get back to work and compete for another Championship with the team," stated Sanders.
In five seasons with Washington, Sanders has averaged 7.2 points and 5.9 rebounds in 89 total games.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 2, 2021
- Sparks Sign All-Star Guard Erica Wheeler - Los Angeles Sparks
- Aces Sign Three-Time WNBA All-Star Guard Chelsea Gray - Las Vegas Aces
- Sanders to Return to Mystics - Washington Mystics
- Statement from LA Sparks CEO & Governor Eric Holoman & the Sparks Ownership Group on the Departure of Chelsea Gray - Los Angeles Sparks
- New York Liberty Signs 2020 Most Improved Player Betnijah Laney - New York Liberty
- Alyssa Thomas Returns to the Sun on Multi-Year Contract - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.