Saints Hit the Road for Final Tilt in Green Bay
For the sixth time this season, the Dubuque Fighting Saints will take on the Green Bay Gamblers. Tonight's game at the Resch Center will be the third and final game in Green Bay during the 2018-19 regular season. So far, the Fighting Saints are 2-3 against Green Bay. The Saints are in third in the east while Green Bay sits in seventh.
-Two of the three loses for Dubuque this season have been shutouts at the hands of Green Bay. Green Bay is the only team to shutout Dubuque this year and Evan Fear has been the net minder on both occasions. Fear has stopped 126 of the 132 shots thrown against him by Dubuque this season. He has a 43 and 41 save shutout.
-Dubuque has outscored Green Bay 12-8 in the first five games this year, including a 7-1 performance on December 1st. At the Resch Center this year Dubuque is 1-1, with three goals scored and three goals allowed.
-Dubuque snapped a mini-skid with a gritty 2-1 shootout win on Saturday night. Patrick Smyth scored the lone goal in the three round shootout and Aaron Randazzo stopped 25 shots in 65 minutes. It was the first shootout win for the Fighting Saints this season and their fourth win at home.
-Because of his performance on Saturday, Randazzo earned Goaltender of the Week honors in the USHL. Randazzo is the third Fighting Saint to earn weekly honors this season. Ty and Dylan Jackson won Co-Forward of the Week back in mid-October.
-The Gamblers are currently five points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference and have struggled since the holiday break ended. Green Bay has lost four of five and have allowed 18 goals in the five games.
-Six of the next seven games will be at home for Green Bay as they look to improve on their 2-6-2 record. The Gamblers, with just 10 games at the Resch Center, have played the fewest home games in the league.
-Dubuque continues to play tight games this season, much like they did last year. The Fighting Saints have played 51 one goal games since the start of the 2017-18 season, eight more than the next closest team in the league. Dubuque has played a USHL high 18 one-goal games this season.
-The Fighting Saints have officially hit the halfway point of the season with their 31st game taking place last Saturday. Dubuque will have a busy slate as, starting with the Green Bay game, they will play five games in nine days. Three will be at home and one of the road games will be in Waterloo, so travel will not be too much of an issue for Dubuque.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Hawks Shut out in Kearney - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Physical Battle Ends With Musketeer Loss In Ot - Sioux City Musketeers
- Saints Equalize with 00.2, Maccelli Wins It in Overtime - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Roll Past Lancers, 4-1 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Stars Drop Second Straight, Lose 4-2 to Des Moines - Lincoln Stars
- Team USA Edges Past Central Illinois, 1 to 0 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Preview - Stars vs Buccaneers - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Tri-City Hosts Waterloo Tonight at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Gamblers Welcome Back Maksim Zhukov - Green Bay Gamblers
- Saints Hit the Road for Final Tilt in Green Bay - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Local Hockey Fans to Throw Teddy Bears on Ice During Game to Support Kids with Developmental Disabilities - Chicago Steel
- Musketeers Finish The Force On Thursday Night - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dubuque Fighting Saints Stories
- Dubuque Battles Western Conference as Waterloo and Des Moines Slide into Town
- Saints Scribbles: Dubuque Can't Muster Offense in 4-1 Loss
- Three Goal Second Helps Youngstown Beat Dubuque
- Saints Make Trek to Youngstown for Two with Phantoms
- Crawford North Penalty Kill to Support Riverview Center