Saint John Vitos Honoured by Sea Dogs
SAINT JOHN - The Saint John Sea Dogs are proud to announce that during Saturday's game against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, the team will celebrate the Saint John Vito's 20th anniversary of their 1992 Allan Cup win.
Several extras are taking place for fans. The Allan Cup will be in attendance, a special highlight video of the win will be played and the Sea Dogs will don retro Vito's jerseys for the occasion, which will be auctioned off during the first and second intermissions at Sea Dogs Central. In a pre-game ceremony, several Vito's team members will be honoured at centre ice.
"The Saint John Vito's are an important part of Saint John hockey history," says Sea Dogs President Wayne Long. "We are thrilled to be honouring them this weekend."
The Vito's went to the Allan Cup final after going undefeated in the round robin. They took their first contest over the Eagles 2-1, defeated the Warroad Lakers 7-2 and the Charlottetown Islanders 5-3. The Eagles and Islanders met in the semi-final with Stony Plain coming out on top 5-1.
The Vito's and Eagles met in the final, and the Vito's took a decisive 6-2 victory in their first and only Allan Cup appearance.
Brothers Nick and Peter Georgoudis, two of the founders of the Vito's restaurants, owned the team.
Saturday's puck drop is 7 p.m. at Harbour Station and fans can buy tickets at the Harbour Station box office, online at tickets.harbourstation.ca or by calling 657-1234.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 22, 2012
- Saint John Vitos Honoured by Sea Dogs - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Two Sea Dogs to Wear Maple Leaf - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- April Update: Humboldt Broncos; Radim Salda NHL Draft; Sea Dogs Alumni Break Record
- In Support of the Humboldt Broncos
- Sea Dogs Awarded Second Overall Pick in 2018 QMJHL Entry Draf
- Salda Named to QMJHL Rookie All-Star Team
- QMJHL Draft Lottery Takes Place Thursday