Ryan Jardine Returns to Mavericks; Mike Berry Released
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri- The Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League (CHL) have been assigned forward Ryan Jardine from the Chicago Wolves. He becomes the fourth player to be on a two-way contract with the Mavericks' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate. Missouri also announced forward Mike Berry has been released from the team and becomes a free agent effective immediately.
Jardine, 31 (3/15/80), returns for his second season with the Mavericks after posting career highs in goals (23), assists (31) and points (54) in 66 games last season. The 6-foot, 193-pound forward also led the Mavericks with 11 points (5-611) in nine playoff games.
"Ryan Jardine is a true leader who has incredible passion for the game," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "Last year, he was our best player for the final quarter of the season and throughout the playoffs."
A native of Ottawa, Ontario, Jardine was the fourth round draft pick (89th overall) of the Florida Panthers in the 1998 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft. In 2001-02, he played in eight games for the Panthers and registered two assists.
Prior to playing in Missouri, Jardine spent three seasons playing in the Italian League. He registered 30 goals, 43 assists and 73 points in 85 contests with Bolzano from 2007-10. The 31-year-old forward has tallied 62 goals, 130 points and 215 penalty minutes in 304 career AHL contests with the Louisville Panthers, Utah Grizzlies and San Antonio Rampage, spanning five seasons (2000-2005).
The Mavericks have also released forward Mike Berry who becomes a free agent effective immediately. Missouri released Berry to stay within the CHL guidelines of 30 players in training camp and to give Berry a chance to play elsewhere.
The Missouri Mavericks will begin their third season in the Central Hockey League in October. The Mavericks play their home games at the state-of-the-art Independence Events Center where parking is always free. Individual game tickets for all home games are on sale now by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting www.Ticketmaster.com . Call (816) 252-7825 for more information on the Mavericks or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 3, 2011
- Ryan Jardine Returns to Mavericks; Mike Berry Released - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Team with Dwyer & Michaels, 97X to Offer Chance to Play for Flock - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks' Training Camp Schedule and Upcoming Promotions Announced - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tina Mansinghani Named Manager of Team Services - CHL
- Dayton Gems Announce "Open Gem Session" Live Preseason Webcast - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa