Rush Re-Up Shattler for Two More Seasons
Saskatoon, SK - After two potent seasons of offensive production, veteran forward Jeff Shattler has agreed to a new two-year contract with the Saskatchewan Rush.
Rush GM/head coach Derek Keenan announced the deal this morning which keeps the former NLL regular season and playoff MVP in green and black through the 2021 season.
"Super excited to put the jersey on and play in front of the best fans in the league for the next two years," said Shattler. "This is a great organization to be a part of."
Seeking a spark up front, the Rush brought Shattler aboard as a free-agent signing prior to the start of the 2018 season. The 6-foot, 200-pound forward had spent the previous 11 seasons with the rival Calgary Roughnecks, but quickly made an impact with his new team. After a 60-point regular season, Shattler paved the way for the Rush to win their third NLL championship and was named NLL Cup MVP with eight goals and seven assists for 15 points in four playoff games.
This past season, Shattler notched the fifth 30-goal season of his career (34 goals) and tied a Rush franchise record with five game-winning goals.
"We are absolutely thrilled to have Jeff signed prior to the (unrestricted free-agency) deadline," said Keenan. "He was arguably our best offensive player last season - very consistent.
"Jeff has shown his commitment to the Rush and we feel the same loyalty towards him. He continues to prove he's got lots left in the tank."
The 2020 campaign will mark Shattler's 15th season in the NLL since being selected 10th overall in the 2005 Entry Draft. Through 219 regular-season games, Shattler has totaled 326 goals and 492 assists for 818 points. He was named the 2011 Most Valuable Player and Transition Player of the Year, and earned a spot on the All-Pro First Team.
A two-time NLL champion, Shattler has added 37 goals and 68 assists for 105 points in 31 playoff games.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 19, 2019
- NLL Announces 2018-19 Season Award Winners - NLL
- Rush Re-Up Shattler for Two More Seasons - Saskatchewan Rush
- Crawford Named to All-Pro Team - New England Black Wolves
- Dane Dobbie Named 2019 NLL Most Valuable Player - Calgary Roughnecks
- NLL Names Eli McLaughlin Second-Team All-Pro and Kyle Killen All-Rookie - Colorado Mammoth
- Lyle Thompson Named to NLL All-Pro First Team; Brendan Bomberry Named to NLL All-Rookie Team - Georgia Swarm
- Vinc, Priolo, MacKay Earn 2019 End-Of-Season Honors - Buffalo Bandits
- Georgia Swarm Unveil New Membership Site - Georgia Swarm
- Austin Staats Named NLL Rookie of the Year - San Diego Seals
- NY Riptide Show Support for Veterans at Shootout for Soldiers Event on Long Island - New York Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.