Royals Tripped up by Thunderbirds
Kent, WA - The Victoria Royals fell by a score of 4-3 to the Seattle Thunderbirds on Saturday night at the accesso ShoWare Center.
Gamesheet - bit.ly/2AIlTNf.
Royals - Kaid Oliver 0g-2a, Tarun Fizer 1g-0a, Gary Haden 1g-0a, Jacob Herauf 1g-0a, Will Warm 0g-1a, Keanu Derungs 0g-1a, Sean Gulka 0g-1a.
Seattle - Connor Roulette 3g-0a (Game Winner), Payton Mount 0g-3a, Andrej Kukuca 1g-1a, Keltie Jeri-Leon 1g-0a, Simon Kubicek 0g-1a, Henrik Rybinski 0g-1a, Brendan Williamson 0g-1a, Matthew Wedman 0g-1a.
Royals - Brock Gould (L) - 59:00 mins, 28 saves on 32 shots.
Seattle - Roddy Smith (W) - 60:00 mins, 28 saves on 31 shots.
Royals - 1/6=16.7%.
Seattle - 3/4=75.0%.
Point Streak: With an assist on Victoria's second goal, forward Keanu Derungs has now tallied points (2g-1a) in three consecutive games.
First as a Royal: Both Gary Haden and Will Warm recorded their first point as a member of the Royals. Haden scored Victoria's third goal of the game, while Warm assisted on the club's second goal that was tallied by Jacob Herauf.
Back in the Line-up: Tonight's game marked the first contest of the season for Royals' forward Kaid Oliver, who recorded a pair of assists.
Former Thunderbird: Victoria forward Graeme Bryks played in his first game against his former team tonight. Bryks spent the parts of the last two seasons with the Thunderbirds and registered eight points (1g-7a) in 58 games with the club.
Island Connection: Seattle's Payton Mount is a product of Victoria, BC. The 2002-born forward played his minor hockey with the Juan de Fuca Minor Hockey Association.
Up Next: The Royals return home on Wednesday, October 9th when they host the Everett Silvertips at 7:05 p.m. at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 5, 2019
- Royals Tripped up by Thunderbirds - Victoria Royals
- Scott Makes 39 Saves En Route to 2-1 Win over Wheat Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
- McCrimmon, Yake, Murray, Kidd, Fitchner Enter Hall - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Continue Busy Weekend in Prince Albert Saturday - Regina Pats
- Game 7 vs Red Deer - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE Conclude Two-Game Home Stand against Vancouver - Winnipeg Ice
- Close Loss Keeps Cougars without a Win - Prince George Cougars
- Broncos Can't Get a Bounce in Loss to Rebels - Swift Current Broncos
- Kelowna picks up first road win against Cougars - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Open Mini Trip with Well-Rounded Win over Broncos - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Top T-Birds 5-1 in Smith's Return to Spokane - Spokane Chiefs
- Blades Best Raiders in OT for Second Time this Season - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Drop Overtime Game to Blades - Prince Albert Raiders
- T-Birds Fall to Chiefs in Spokane - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Tigers Take Down Pats 6-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings Shutout ICE 7-0 - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Blank Giants 3-0 on Home Ice - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Vancouver Giants Kick off Road Trip with a 3-0 Loss to Wheat Kings - Vancouver Giants
- Sensational Sebastian Cossa Earns 40-Save Shutout in WHL Debut - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.