Royals Sign Forwards Chase Watson and Todd Griffith
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has signed forwards Chase Watson and Todd Griffith to ECHL contracts. In other transactions announced today, the Royals (i) transferred forward Casey Haines from the 3-Day Injured Reserve to the 7-Day Injured Reserve; and (ii) placed forward John Scrymgeour on the 3-Day Injured Reserve.
This marks the second stint in Reading for Watson (6'0/195) (29), a fifth year pro from Media, Pennsylvania. He joined the Royals in January of 2010 and scored two goals and assisted on five others in twenty-six games for the Royals that year. Watson, who played collegiately at Providence College, has registered seventy-two points (21g-51a) and ninety-one penalty minutes in 183 total pro games. Griffith (5'11/187) (26), a sixth year pro from Welland, Ontario, started this season with the Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League, where he recorded twelve points (5g-7a) and thirty-nine penalty minutes in twelve games. In 253 total pro games in North America and Europe, Griffith, who was a member of the Bucks' 2006 President's Cup Championship team, has 205 points (108g-97a) and 541 penalty minutes.
The Royals take on the Wheeling Nailers this afternoon (Sunday, December 11, 2011 @ 4:05 pm). The first 1000 fans twelve years of old and younger get a Royals' winter cap courtesy of Diamond Credit Union. Sundays are Family Days with Berks Packing Dollar Deals--$1.00 hot dogs, soda, popcorn and nachos. There will also be a post-game skate with the players presented by the The game night broadcast will start at 3:35 pm with the Red Robin Gourmet Burger Pre-Game Warm-up Show on ESPN Radio 1240 am in Reading. Streaming audio is available free of charge courtesy of America One through the Royals' website, www.royalshockey.com.
At Sunday's game, fans are encouraged to bring all clothing items, and particularly winter coats and thermal underwear, to donate for US military veterans and their family members as part of a clothing drive with the Royals, the Berks County Combined Veterans, and the U.S. Army Reserves 733rd Transportation Unit. All fans making a donation that day will receive a buy-one, get-one-free voucher for the Royals game against the Trenton Titans on Friday, December 30, 2011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 11, 2011
- Thunder Toppled by Bakersfield 5-2 - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Bust Slump and Pound Stockton, 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Royals Unable to Hold off Nailers, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Come-From-Behind Victory Puts K-Wings Into First Place - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Topped in Shootout, 3-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Machesney Shines in 3-2 Shootout Victory Over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Snag Comeback Win in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Sign Forwards Chase Watson and Todd Griffith - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - December 11 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Wrap up Road Trip Today Against Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 11 - ECHL
- Thunder boasts record offense for 6,750 fans at Stockton Arena - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Blow out Grizzlies 6-1 - Alaska Aces
- Alaska Beats Utah: Grizzlies Home Wednesday, Friday with Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Fall on Wrong End of Wild Shootout in Stockton, 9-6 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.