Royals Get D Nick Neville from South Carolina for F Matt Salhany
Purchase Single-Game Tickets
Purchase $5 Tickets
Purchase Santa Sacks
Royals get D Nick Neville from South Carolina for F Matt Salhany
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals have acquired defenseman Nick Neville from the South Carolina Stingrays for forward Matt Salhany, the team announced Tuesday. Neville is a 24-year-old in his second professional season.
" I'm just excited for a new beginning in a new city," said Neville. "I'm hoping I can make the best of the opportunity given to me in Reading. "
A former blueliner for the University of Denver, Neville played in three games with South Carolina this season. He also skated in ten contests for the SPHL's Peoria Rivermen (3a) before joining South Carolina on Nov. 22. In 18 games with the Stingrays last season, Neville had two assists.
" I have played with Scott Tanski in South Carolina and Nolan Zajac at Denver so I am looking forward to teaming up with them again, " Neville explained.
At Denver from 2013-16, Neville recorded two goals, six points and a plus-five rating in 54 games. In the junior ranks, he skated with the Texas Tornado (NAHL), won the 2012 Robertson Cup and had 64 points (12 goals, 52 assists) from 2011-13. He is a native of Bloomfield Hills, MI that stands 5-foot-11 and weighs 189 pounds.
The Royals have announced a pair of transactions Tuesday; earlier, Nick Luukko was released from his PTO with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL) and rejoined Reading.
Salhany joined the Royals at the end of the 2016-17 season. He scored his only ECHL goal against Elmira on March 11, 2017. In five games this season, Salhany had nine shots on goal and an even rating.
Next Home Game
In the Royals' next home game, it's $5 Green Zone tickets as a special holiday gift to you! The team hosts a special postgame autograph session and takes on Wheeling on Wed., Dec. 6 at 7:00 p.m., presented by Rieck's Printing. Purchase $5 Tickets here.
Teddy Bear Toss
Reading hosts the Nailers again on Sat., Dec. 16 with the annual Teddy Bear Toss game and Ugly Sweater Jerseys. Plus, the first 2,000 fans receive a Royals Christmas ornament, presented by Met-Ed. Tickets are available here.
Santa Sacks Holiday Gift
We're happy to bring back our Santa Sacks! Get an autographed Royals puck and come out to three of our biggest games for just $30.
- Sat., Jan. 20 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton (Slapshot Star Wars bobblehead giveaway, THON Night, Star Wars jerseys)
- Fri., Feb. 17 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton (Pink in the Rink, knit scarf giveaway)
- Sat., Mar. 17 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton (Yannick Tifu number retired, Meet WWE Million Dollar Man)
- Sat., Mar. 24 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Worcester (Kelly Cup Tribute puck giveaway, Autism Awareness jerseys)
- Sat., Apr. 7 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Norfolk (FANdemonium, fan appreciation, fan's choice giveaway)
- Call 610-898-PUCK and tickets are available here.
More $5 Tickets
The Royals are pleased to announce $5 tickets in the Green Zone to three upcoming games in December!
- Wed., Dec. 6 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Wheeling (postgame autographs) | Sun., Dec. 17 at 4:00 p.m. vs. Adirondack (dollar dogs and player photo) | Thurs., Dec. 28 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Worcester (special Flyers jerseys, aPHILLYation night)
- Call 610-898-PUCK (7825) and tickets are available here.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2017
- Thunder Score Three Unanswered; Knock off Mavericks, 3-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Joly's Hat Trick Paces Colorado in 7-3 Win Over Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Win Defensive Battle, 2-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Stunt Nailers - Reading Royals
- Mallards Send Komm to Manchester - Quad City Mallards
- G John Muse Recalled, Matesevac Added as EBUG - Reading Royals
- Tiffels, Josephs, Prow, Stevens Join Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Acquire Bolton from Florida - Quad City Mallards
- Reading's Willows named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Royals Get D Nick Neville from South Carolina for F Matt Salhany - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.