Mallards Send Komm to Manchester
MOLINE, Ill. - The Quad City Mallards have traded goaltender Branden Komm to the Manchester Monarchs in exchange for financial considerations, the Mallards announced today.
Komm, 26, started one game for the Mallards after joining the team in a November 7 trade with the Idaho Steelheads. The 6-foot-1, 181-pound Williamsville, New York native stopped 26 shots on November 19 in a 2-0 loss to the Kansas City Mavericks. Between the Mallards and Steelheads, Komm has posted a 2.96 goals against average and a .891 save percentage while going 0-3-2 in five games this season.
Komm has gone 33-32-9 with a 2.78 goals against average, a .912 save percentage and four shutouts over four professional seasons spent entirely in the ECHL. Komm played four years at Bentley University before turning pro and was the Falcons' workhorse in goal each of his final three collegiate seasons. He went 47-50-13 while turning in a 2.67 goals against average, a .919 save percentage and five shutouts in 115 career collegiate games.
The Mallards return to action Friday night on the road against the Kalamazoo Wings. The Mallards next play at home Wednesday night, December 20 at 6:35 p.m. against the Fort Wayne Komets. Fans can enjoy $1 10-ounce beers from TaxSlayer Center concession stands during all Mallards Wednesday home games this season.
Tickets for the December 20 contest and all Mallards regular season home games are now on sale at the TaxSlayer Center box office, Ticketmaster toll free charge-by-phone (1-800-745-3000 ) and ticketmaster.com. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 7, 2017
- Thunder Score Three Unanswered; Knock off Mavericks, 3-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Joly's Hat Trick Paces Colorado in 7-3 Win Over Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Win Defensive Battle, 2-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Stunt Nailers - Reading Royals
- Mallards Send Komm to Manchester - Quad City Mallards
- G John Muse Recalled, Matesevac Added as EBUG - Reading Royals
- Tiffels, Josephs, Prow, Stevens Join Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Acquire Bolton from Florida - Quad City Mallards
- Reading's Willows named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Royals Get D Nick Neville from South Carolina for F Matt Salhany - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings