Roughnecks Fall 3-1 to Fresno FC
FRESNO, CA - The Tulsa Roughnecks traveled to the California Central Valley this weekend to take on the Fresno FC Foxes. The first half would see the hosts get on the board first with a right-footed shot outside the box by Fresno's, Jemal Johnson that was assisted by former Roughneck team captain (2017) Juan Pablo Caffa. However, the Roughnecks were quick to level the score with a header from Janu Silva that was assisted by Cristhian Altamirano. The first half would finish level at 1.
Not long after the second half began Fresno took the lead with a header from Jaime ChÃ¡vez at close range to the upper 90. Shortly after Fresno scored, Tulsa earned a free kick but before the ensuing set piece could happen, Chukchansi Park suffered a lighting issue that left half of the field in the dark. After a nearly 19-minute lighting delay the lightless predicament was rectified and the game was once again, underway. Less than 2 minutes after the power came back on Fresno capitalized with a right-footed shot from Jemal Johnson in the center on the box to earn himself a brace for the evening. The game would finish in favor of the hosts, with the Roughnecks falling 3-1 to Fresno.
The Tulsa Roughnecks will be back in action next Wednesday, April 24th at ONEOK Field when they take on the Colorado Switchbacks.
Tulsa Roughnecks -- Mason Stajduhar, Luca Lobo, Cyprian Hedrick, Mallan Roberts, Brayan Reyes, Fredlin Mompremier (Moses Makinde - 69'), Jeff Addai, Cristhian Altamirano (Toby Uzo - 65'), Fabian Bastidas (AJ Ajeakwa - 76'), Rodrigo Da Costa, Janu Silva.
Substitutes not used -- Andrew MacRae, Renan Ferreira, Manny Gonzalez.
Fresno FC Foxes -- CJ Cochran, Elijah Martin, Alex Cooper, Michael Daly, Ramon Martin Del Campo, Jackson Henrique GonÃ- alves Pereira, Arun Basuljevic, Emir AlihodÃ...¾iÃ, Jemal Johnson (Renato Bustamante - 84'), Jaime Chavez (Christian Chaney - 76'), Juan Pablo Caffa (Hiroki Kurimoto - 90+1').
Substitutes not used -- Sam Howard, Sam Strong, Diego Casillas, Qudus Lawal.
TRFC: Janu Silva - 39'.
FFC: Jemal Johnson - 33', 59', Jaime ChÃ¡vez - 56'.
Weather: Sunny, 74 degrees
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 13, 2019
- Real Monarchs SLC Drops 5-1 Result at New Mexico United - Real Monarchs SLC
- Tacoma Defiance Falls at Las Vegas Lights FC on Saturday Night - Tacoma Defiance
- Reno 1868 FC Defeats Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC for First Time in Club History - Reno 1868 FC
- Roughnecks Fall 3-1 to Fresno FC - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Nashville SC Blanks Memphis 901 FC 2-0 in Saturday Night Showdown - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 Falls in First Meeting with Nashville SC - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Falls to USL Cup Finalist, Phoenix Rising FC - El Paso Locomotive FC
- T2 Record 1-0 Win against Sacramento Republic FC - Portland Timbers 2
- Legion FC Wins 3-2 at Saint Louis FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Phoenix Rising Earns First Win of 2019 in 2-0 Shutout of El Paso - Phoenix Rising FC
- Steel FC wins first-ever match against Battery and hands them first 2019 loss - Bethlehem Steel FC
- STLFC Falls 3-2 to Birmingham Legion FC - Saint Louis FC
- Toros Earn High Energy Victory over OKC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Records Second Consecutive Win; Defeats LA Galaxy II 2-0 - San Antonio FC
- Battery Fall to Bethlehem Steel FC for First Loss of the Season - Charleston Battery
- ATL UTD 2 Wins 2-1 vs North Carolina FC - Atlanta United 2
- Republic FC Fall 1-0 on the Road to Portland Timbers 2 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Jackson Jumpstarts Attack as Independence Fall Short - Charlotte Independence
- Hounds Victorious in Home Opener - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Falls 2-1 to Atlanta United 2 - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Secures Clean Sheet at Home in 2-0 Win over Loudoun United FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Indy Eleven Travel West to Take on Swope Park Rangers - Indy Eleven
- Behind Enemy Lines: Memphis 901 FC - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.