Roughnecks Acquire Third-Round Draft Pick
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Roughnecks announced today that the National Lacrosse League club has acquired a third-round selection in the 2014 NLL Entry Draft from the Edmonton Rush in exchange for forward Cory Conway and a sixth-round pick in the 2013 NLL Entry Draft.
"This move gives Cory an opportunity to attend a training camp with another team and, in return, we receive a draft selection which allows us to continue to build our team in the future," said Roughnecks General Manager Mike Board. "We feel we have a lot of talent offensively on our right side with Curtis Dickson, Shawn Evans and Scott Ranger and we added to that depth with our draft selections, Joe Resetarits, Matthew Dinsdale and Jackson Decker. We would like to thank Cory for his contributions to the Roughnecks over the past two seasons."
Calgary Roughnecks season tickets are on sale now with the 2013 home opener set for Saturday, January 12 when the Toronto Rock visit the Scotiabank Saddledome. For pricing and ticket information, call customer service at 403-777-4646 or visit www.calgaryroughnecks.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 15, 2012
- VanDamme 'Called Up' by Knighthawks - Rochester Knighthawks
- Minnesota Swarm Set to Host Second Annual Open Tryout Session - Minnesota Swarm
- Roughnecks Acquire Third-Round Draft Pick - Calgary Roughnecks
- Rush Acquire Cory Conway - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Roughnecks Stories
- Roughnecks Steamroll Stealth
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - April 21, 2018 vs. Vancouver
- Roughnecks Bury Bandits
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - April 14, 2018 vs. Buffalo
- Roughnecks and Cedarglen Living Direct $11000 to Alberta Childrens Hospital Foundation