Rookie Linebackers Evans, Figueroa Added to Rattlers Defens
PHOENIX - The six-time world champion Arizona Rattlers have signed linebackers Byron Evans and Alex Figueroa for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
Byron Evans II (6', 230, Northern Arizona University) will enter his rookie season with the Rattlers after having played two seasons for the NAU Lumberjacks from 2017-2019. The Glendale native played high school football for both Mountain Pointe and Phoenix Christian, before beginning his college career at Glendale Community College for two seasons. In 20 games at NAU, Evans amassed 119 total tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and one interception. Evans' father, Byron Evans Sr., played eight seasons in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles, after a successful career at the University of Arizona.
Alex Figueroa (6'3", 240, University of Central Oklahoma) enters his first season in the IFL after having last played collegiately at the University of Central Oklahoma. In 24 games over two seasons, Figueroa piled up 121 tackles, five sacks, one forced fumble and one interception. The Stafford, Virginia native began his college career at the University of Miami, before transferring to Garden City Community College in Kansas for one season.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from September 10, 2020
- Former Bills DB Harley Signed by Sugar Skulls - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Prescott Valley Names Dominic Bramante New Head Coach - Prescott Valley
- Pirates Hire Defensive Coordinator, Sign 3 Defensive Linemen - Massachusetts Pirates
- Rookie Linebackers Evans, Figueroa Added to Rattlers Defens - Arizona Rattlers
- Wide Receiver Carrington Thompson Re-signs for 2021 - Iowa Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.