Rockford Struggles in 8-1 Loss to Kenosha
Kenosha, Wis. - The Rockford Rivets fell 8-1 to the Kenosha Kingfish on Wednesday night at Simmons Field after the offense struggled to stay hot after a quick start.
Parker Kelly got the day going for the Rivets' offense with a solo home run to lead off the game in the top of the first. Ryan Cole, Wyatt Mascarella, and Tim Lilly were the only other Rivets to record hits. Jimmy Day scored the final run of the game in the top of the ninth.
On the mound, Rivets' starting pitcher Jimmy Burnette got through the first three innings without allowing a run or a hit, but that was shattered to leadoff the fourth, when Marty Bechina hit a solo home run of his own to put the Kingfish on the board. From there, the Kingfish would go on to score seven more unanswered and coast to victory.
The Rivets are back at home the next two nights against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders. First pitch for both of those games is scheduled for 6:35 PM at Rivets Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 8, 2018
- Hardy Homers to Give Honkers Walk-Off Win - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards with Another Walk-Off - Madison Mallards
- Bullfrogs Fall to Woodchucks in Series Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Dock Spiders Punch Ticket into Playoffs - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rockford Struggles in 8-1 Loss to Kenosha - Rockford Rivets
- Woodchucks Hold Bullfrogs Hitless Until Eighth in 5-1 Win - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Take on Bombers for Last Time in 2018 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Emmerson Powers Bucks past Thunder Bay - Waterloo Bucks
- With Season Winding Down, Mallards Face Growlers - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Host 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase - Northwoods
- Mallards Host 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Roll at Major League Dreams Showcase - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.