Rockets win eighth straight 3-2 over Lethbridge
For the second straight game Geordie Wudrick played the hero for the Kelowna Rockets, scoring the winning goal for the Rockets as the team won its eighth game in a row, 3-2 over the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Wudrick was credited with a third period marker after a bouncing puck found the back of the Hurricanes net in the third period, snapping a 2-2 tie. The game was tied 2-2 after two periods of play. Shane McColgan had a goal and an assist, his 23rd of the season while Tyson Barrie scored his 14th on a beautiful shot to the top corner. Mark Guggenberger got the start for Kelowna and made 22 saves for the win in the Kelowna net. The Rockets improve to 27-25-2-2 and are heading for a Saturday night game in Chilliwack.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2010
- Dillon has goal and assist in 6-3 loss to Portland - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Silvertips Earn Ninth Straight Win At Home - Everett Silvertips
- Winterhawks Beat Seattle 6-3 Saturday - Portland Winterhawks
- Calgary Hitmen Move Into Central Division Lead With Win Over Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Blades Fight Back to Beat Wheat Kings - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Meet Wheaties In Battle For First Place - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Night: Kootenay - Regina Pats
- Wheat Kings To Battle Blades - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rai, Schappert and Wells score in 6-3 loss to Portland - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Spurgeon and Johnson Score Two Goals Each, Chiefs Win - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Improve to 9-0 vs. Seattle With 6-3 Win Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Shut Out Silvertips, 1-0 - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings momentum comes crashing down with 4-1 loss to Prince George - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Rockets win eighth straight 3-2 over Lethbridge - Kelowna Rockets
- Stretch breaks Blazers record - Kamloops Blazers
- Mucha breaks WHL record - Kamloops Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.