Rockets Waive Michael Farren
The Kelowna Rockets announced today that they have placed 20-year-old forward Michael Farren on waivers.
Western Hockey League teams will now have the chance to claim the Surrey, BC product. If he goes unclaimed, he will become a free agent who is free to join other leagues.
Farren was acquired in a trade from the Saskatoon Blades during the 2018-19 season. He appeared in 92 games for the Rockets, collecting 27 points (8G, 19A) and 64 penalty minutes.
A frequent flyer at all community events, Farren was awarded the 2020 Rockets Humanitarian award.
The Rockets would like to thank Michael for his contributions on the ice and in the community, we wish him the best moving forward.
Images from this story
Kelowna Rockets forward Michael Farren
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 31, 2020
- Rockets Waive Michael Farren - Kelowna Rockets
- Broncos Annual General Meeting September 29th - Swift Current Broncos
- Manny Viveiros Accepts Head Coach Position with Henderson Silver Knights - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Launch Game Puck Package for Fans - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.