Rockets Acquire Kydd And Conditional Pick From Hitmen
The Kelowna Rockets announced today that they have acquired forward Adam Kydd and a conditional fifth-round pick in the 2023 WHL Prospects draft from the Calgary Hitmen in exchange for forward Steel Quiring.
"We are excited to add Adam to our lineup," said Rockets president and general manager Bruce Hamilton. "He brings a veteran presence to our team. Our expectation is that he'll step in and play in all situations.
"We wish Steel all the best in the future."
Kydd, 19, has appeared in 30 games for the Hitmen this season, posting 19 points (4G, 15A), 12 penalty minutes and a +1 plus/minus rating.
The 6'0â³, 187-pound winger was listed by the Hitmen.
The Regina, Sask., product played in 104 games with the Hitmen over the last three seasons, posting 49 points (19G, 29A), 33 penalty minutes and a +6 plus/minus rating.
Quiring has appeared in 25 games for the Rockets this season, posting 15 points (6G, 9A), 17 penalty minutes and a +9 plus/minus rating.
The Vernon, B.C., product played in 53 games for the Rockets over his career, posting 19 points (8G, 11A), 19 penalty minutes and a +5 plus/minus rating.
He was selected in the fifth round of the 2018 WHL Prospects Draft.
The Rockets will be back in action this weekend when they host the Vancouver Giants on Friday and Portland Winterhawks on Saturday. Fans can purchase their tickets online at selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office or by phone at 250-762-5050. The box office is open 11:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and opens at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday home game days.
Images from this story
Forward Adam Kydd with the Calgary Hitmen
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2022
- WHL Announces Postponement of Weekend Games vs. Regina Pats - Saskatoon Blades
- Royals and Cougars Games Postponed - Victoria Royals
- WHL Announces Postponement of Four WHL Regular Season Games - WHL
- Rebels Netminder Ungar Named WHL Goaltender of the Month - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets Acquire Kydd And Conditional Pick From Hitmen - Kelowna Rockets
- Calgary Acquires Forward Steel Quiring from Kelowna - Calgary Hitmen
- Bailey Peach Named McSweeney's WHL Player of the Month for December - Victoria Royals
- WHL Names December Award Winners - WHL
- Wheat Kings Sign 22nd Overall Pick, Caleb Hadland - Brandon Wheat Kings
- 'Overall, I'M Quite Happy with Our Group': Ripplinger Reflects on Warriors' First Half - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.