RiverKings' Aucoin honored as member of 2004-2005 All-Rookie Team
SOUTHAVEN --- The Central Hockey League released the 2004-2005 All-Rookie Team today and Memphis center Phil Aucoin (ah-COIN) was selected. Aucoin has led all rookies in scoring since late November and currently has a stranglehold on the top spot.
The 23 year-old native of Chelmsford, Massachusetts, has 69 points and is 15 points ahead of the second leading scorer, fellow RiverKing Travis Banga (BUNG-ga), who has 54. Aucoin also leads in assists with 44. He is second in goals scored with 25 and power-play goals with nine. He averages 1.25 points per game. Banga, who is averaging 1.42 points per game, was not selected to the All-Rookie Team.
Joining Aucoin are Topekas Mike Lukajic, Colorados Kevin Marsh and Tyler Weiman, Oklahoma Citys Jarad Bourassa and Lubbocks Derick Martin. Players from the Northern Conference represent five of the six spots. The league will announce the C.H.L. Rookie of the Year later this afternoon. Aucoin was also a finalist for that award.
The complete C.H.L. release can be found at: http://www.centralhockeyleague.com/news/?id=7099
A RiverKings game can be even more fun when you take it in with your group or organization. Get your group together and have a great time at the DeSoto Civic Center. For more information or to purchase season tickets, group tickets, mini-plans, or 9 game vouchers call the RiverKings at 662-342-1755 and ask for the sales department or stop by the DCC during business hours.
Catch all the exciting action of 2004-2005 RiverKings Hockey on Sports 56 WHBQ.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2005
- RiverKings serve as host, helping network non-profits with grant provider - Mississippi RiverKings
- Aucoin finishes as runner-up to Colorado's Weiman for Rookie of the Year - Mississippi RiverKings
- Weiman having twice the fun - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Holding Red Jersey Auction - New Mexico Scorpions
- RiverKings' goalie Racine suspended one game by CHL - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorados Weiman Named Rookie of the Year, Most Outstanding Goaltender - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Clinch SE Division Title, Will Wear St Patricks Day Jerseys Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Weekly Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Recently-made Memphis resident finds niche with RiverKings hockey team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rayz split weekend vs. division rivals - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Lukajic named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Topeka Tarantulas
- RiverKings' Aucoin honored as member of 2004-2005 All-Rookie Team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Final regular season edition of the coach's show is tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL Announces 04-05 All-Rookie Team - CHL
- Ice Bats Take Playoff Hopes Into Final Week - Austin Ice Bats
- Brahmas to host Fan Appreciation Weekend - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.