Aucoin finishes as runner-up to Colorado's Weiman for Rookie of the Year
SOUTHAVEN--- Just hours after being named to the 2004-2005 Central Hockey League All Rookie Team, the RiverKingsÂ’ Phil Aucoin was announced as the runner-up in the Rookie of the Year balloting. Aucoin, the leading rookie scorer, was beat out by Colorado net minder Tyler Weiman. Weiman leads all goaltenders, not just rookies, with a 1.77 goals against average, a 0.939 save percentage and eight shut-outs this season. Aucoin and Wieman are teammates on the All Rookie Team that was announced earlier today. Weiman was also named today as the recipient of the Scott Brower Memorial Trophy as the most outstanding goaltender.
The entire C.H..L. release can be seen at: http://www.centralhockeyleague.com/news/?id=7102
A RiverKings game can be even more fun when you take it in with your group or organization. Get your group together and have a great time at the DeSoto Civic Center. For more information or to purchase season tickets, group tickets, mini-plans, or 9 game vouchers call the RiverKings at 662-342-1755 and ask for the sales department or stop by the DCC during business hours.
Catch all the exciting action of 2004-2005 RiverKings Hockey on Sports 56 WHBQ.
â€¢ Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2005
- RiverKings serve as host, helping network non-profits with grant provider - Mississippi RiverKings
- Aucoin finishes as runner-up to Colorado's Weiman for Rookie of the Year - Mississippi RiverKings
- Weiman having twice the fun - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Holding Red Jersey Auction - New Mexico Scorpions
- RiverKings' goalie Racine suspended one game by CHL - Mississippi RiverKings
- ColoradoÂ’s Weiman Named Rookie of the Year, Most Outstanding Goaltender - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Clinch SE Division Title, Will Wear St PatrickÂ’s Day Jerseys Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Weekly Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Recently-made Memphis resident finds niche with RiverKings hockey team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rayz split weekend vs. division rivals - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Lukajic named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Topeka Tarantulas
- RiverKings' Aucoin honored as member of 2004-2005 All-Rookie Team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Final regular season edition of the coach's show is tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL Announces 04-05 All-Rookie Team - CHL
- Ice Bats Take Playoff Hopes Into Final Week - Austin Ice Bats
- Brahmas to host Fan Appreciation Weekend - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.