Riverhounds Re-Sign Two Defensemen
Pittsburgh, PA-The Riverhounds bring back Japanese footballer, Shintaro Harada and Croatian, Nikola Katic for the 2011 season. Both Harada and Katic signed a one year deal with Pittsburgh, pending USL and USSF approval.
Harada, a ten-year professional, is returning for his second season with the Riverhounds and will look to pick up where he left off. In his first season with the Hounds, Harada was recognized as the Defensive Player of the Year in the USL 2nd Division.
"Shintaro has a tireless engine in training and this translates into each game," Riverhounds Head Coach Justin Evans said. "His experience and ability to read the game provides our back line with a great deal of stability."
With two seasons in Riverhounds colors under his belt, Katic will return for his third campaign. Katic adds a competitive atmosphere to every training session. Along with playing for the first team, Katic has been instrumental to our growth within the community. He has been an asset to our Youth component during his time in Pittsburgh, working as an Academy Coach, Camp Instructor and Train with the Pros.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 21, 2011
- Orlando City Signs Jamaican International Demar Stewart - Orlando City SC
- Riverhounds Re-Sign Two Defensemen - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Swope Park Rangers
- Rich Hackenberg Joins Riverhounds Academy Staff
- Hounds Drop Opener to Rowdies, 2-0
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Club Receives Proclamation for 'Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Day' in City of Pittsburgh