Riders Support Numerous Local Non-Profits in October
FRISCO, Texas - Though the 2018 baseball season has ended, the RoughRiders Foundation stayed extremely productive during the month of October.
"There's no offseason when it comes to the work we do with the RoughRiders Foundation," said Breon Dennis, Executive Director of the RoughRiders Foundation. "We are constantly seeking ways to get involved with the great people of North Texas and our body of work in October was no exception."
Below is a recap of the Foundation's activity in October:
* Casino Night (October 13): The Foundation raised more than $6,000 at its annual VIP event thanks to the generous support of the team's Founder's members, suiteholders and corporate partners.
* Frisco Family Services (October 16): Riders staff helped sort through donated items and assisted in restocking shelves at the facility.
* StreetSide Showers (October 17): Staff made and distributed hygiene kits, while also helping pass out lunches.
* RoughRiders Baseball Academy (October 21): During the latest clinic for kids, Halloween candy was collected and donated to Soldier's Angels Treats for Troops.
* National Breast Cancer Foundation (October 24): Riders employees helped make HOPE kits that will be sent out to patients who are battling breast cancer.
* RoughRiders Fall Festival (October 27): More than 2,000 cans of food were collected and donated to North Texas Food Bank as part of the team's annual event.
In addition to its involvement in community activities, the RoughRiders also hosted the following events to help support various non-profit organizations:
* Red River Celebrity Softball Game (October 4), benefitting the Toby Keith Foundation, the Roger Clemens Foundation and the Just Keep Livin Foundation.
* The Ticket Dinger Derby (October 26), benefitting Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
* Light The Night Walk (October 28), supporting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
If you would like the RoughRiders to volunteer with your organization, please email email@example.com. For more information on the RoughRiders Foundation, click here.
The 2019 season begins April 4 at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Ticket memberships and group hospitality packages are now on sale. The promotional calendar will be unveiled in early 2019 with single-game tickets going on sale soon after. For more information, visit RidersBaseball.com or call (972) 731-9200.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from November 6, 2018
- Amarillo Professional Baseball to Launch Team Name and Logo November 13 - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Riders Support Numerous Local Non-Profits in October - Frisco RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Frisco RoughRiders Stories
- Tributes to "Friends," Local Diversity, Part of Loaded 2019 Promo Schedule
- Mikulik, Majority of Staff Returning for 2019
- Annual Rangers Winter Caravan Coming to Dr Pepper Ballpark January 19
- Toy Drive Leads Foundation's Holiday Initiatives
- Riders Stage Annual Winter Wonderland December 7