Riders Starting Quarterback Cody Fajardo Signs Contract Extension
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed starting quarterback Cody Fajardo to a two-year contract extension, keeping him with the Club through 2021.
Fajardo (6'2 - 215) originally signed with the Roughriders as a free agent in February of 2019 and went on to play all 16 games with the Club. He made his first CFL start on June 20 against the Ottawa Redblacks throwing for 360 yards and two touchdowns and added another ten yards on the ground and a rushing touchdown to the tally.
Fajardo has started all 14 of the games that followed throwing for 3,873 yards and 16 touchdowns averaging 8.7 yards per pass. Additionally, he's rushed for 610 yards and another 10 touchdowns. The 27-year-old has had five games where he's thrown for 300 yards or greater.
Prior to coming to the Roughriders, Fajardo spent one season with the B.C. Lions and two with the Toronto Argonauts, winning a Grey Cup in 2017.
The California native attend the University of Nevada where he played 45 collegiate games completing 878 of 1,348 pass attempts for 9,659 yards and 57 touchdowns and adding 636 carries for 3,482 yards and 44 touchdowns. He became just the second player in FBS history to reach 9,000 yards passing and 3,000 yards rushing in career, joining Nevada alumni Colin Kaepernick.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Riders Starting Quarterback Cody Fajardo Signs Contract Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Eskimos Activate Trevor Harris from Six-Game Injured List - EE Football Team
- 107th Grey Cup Playoff Scenarios - Week 20 - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- CFL Releases 'Comeback' 2021 Schedule
- Roughriders Invite Rider Nation to Celebrate Grey Cup Unite
- September 6th Is Saskatchewan Roughrider Day
- Two More Opt Out
- Four Opt out of Deals