Riders Sign Linebackers
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that import linebackers Chad Kilgore and Scott McKillop have signed with the team. As per club policy financial details of the contracts were not released.
Kilgore (6'1 - 230) joins the Riders after spending parts of the last two seasons in the NFL. The Northwest Missouri State product originally signed with the Oakland Raiders in 2012 where he attended training camp and played four preseason games registering 11 defensive tackles. The 24-year-old signed with the Kansas City Chiefs last season, recording two tackles in one preseason game.
While at NWMSU, Kilgore totaled 392 tackles, 21.5 tackles for loss, 21 pass knockdowns, five forced fumbles, five interceptions, and 5.5 quarterback sacks in his four collegiate seasons.
McKillop (6'1 - 240) was selected in the fifth round (146th overall) by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2009 NFL Draft. The 28-year-old played 16 regular season games as a rookie recording 19 tackles. The University of Pittsburgh product missed the 2010 season after suffering an injury in training camp, before returning to the 49ers for 2011. He attended 2012 training camp with the Buffalo Bills, playing four preseason games.
As a senior at Pitt, McKillop recorded 126 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, four sacks and one interception, while being named 2008 Big East Defensive Player of the Year and picking up All-American honours.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 6, 2014
- Wasn't that a Palardy ... Redblacks sign veteran Canadian kicker - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Riders to Hold Mini-Camp in Florida April 4-6 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Riders Sign Linebackers - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Announce 2014 Coaching Staff - Montreal Alouettes
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Riders Drop Two, Add Two to Practice Roster
- Riders Acquire Philip Blake and Patrick Lavoie from Alouettes
- Four Added to Riders Practice Roster
- Four Join Riders Practice Roster
- Lanning Released