Riders Battle Past Indiana
Cedar Rapids, Iowa- Robin Bergman scored two of the RoughRiders' three power play goals and Mike Seidel broke a 3-3 tie with 1:55 left in the third period as the host Riders defeated the Indiana Ice 4-3 Tuesday night.
Seidel, who also had an assist, pounced on the loose puck in the goalmouth to bury the game winner after Indiana goaltender Brett Bennett had twice stopped Kyle Flanagan at close range.
The Riders entered the third period down 3-2 but would tie it when Bergman punched the puck home out of a goalmouth scramble at the 3:01 mark.
A pair of second period goals from Maxim Galiev had sent the Ice into the third in possession of the lead. After Bergman swept home his first to give the Riders a 2-1 lead at 2:57 of the second, Galiev would even the score at 7:43 on a 2-on-1 break and then wrist home the tie breaker from the slot at 16:32 with the Ice on a two man advantage.
The two teams traded first period goals. Will MacDonald scored the opener from the doorstep at 6:25. The Riders were up a man when Scott Winkler evened the score with just 39 seconds left in the period with a drive from the right wing circle
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2009
- Riders Battle Past Indiana - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Special Jerseys Highlight Deere Weekend - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Rider Alum Wideman Named to CCHA All-Rookie Team - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Ice defenseman wins weekly award - Indiana Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.