Ice defenseman wins weekly award
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Ice announced today that defenseman Torey Krug has been named the USHL Defensive Player of the Week.
The Livonia, MI native wins the award for the second time this season after helping the Ice sweep a weekend series against the Tri-City Storm.
The blueliner was one of four Ice players who scored both a goal and an assist in Friday's 6-4 win against the Storm. He followed that contest by dishing out three assists in Saturday's 5-3 victory against Tri-City.
With five points over the weekend, Krug is now second in the USHL in scoring for defensemen with 37 points. He also finished the weekend (+5) to raise his season plus/minus to (+8).
The Ice travels to Cedar Rapids tonight for an 8:05 p.m. match-up with the RoughRiders. The team returns home this weekend to face the Lincoln Stars and the Omaha Lancers on Friday and Saturday respectively from Pepsi Coliseum. The puck drops for both games at 7:30 p.m.
For more hockey information and player updates keep logging on to www.indianaice.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2009
- Riders Battle Past Indiana - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Special Jerseys Highlight Deere Weekend - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Rider Alum Wideman Named to CCHA All-Rookie Team - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Ice defenseman wins weekly award - Indiana Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.