Riders Add to Secondary
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that import defensive backs Greg McCoy and Mark LeGree, as well as non-import defensive back Hugo Lopez have signed with the team. As per club policy financial details of the contracts were not released.
McCoy (5'9 - 187) joins the Riders after spending the last two seasons in the NFL. The Dallas, Texas native was originally selected by the Chicago Bears in the seventh round (220th overall) in the 2012 Draft. The Texas Christian University product went on to spend the 2012 season with the Arizona Cardinals practice squad before signing with the Minnesota Vikings and attending their 2013 training camp.
At TCU McCoy recorded 92 tackles, seven interceptions and 17 pass breakups in 51 career collegiate games. He was named Mountain West Conference special teams player of the year in his final season after averaging 30.6 yards with two TDs on 37 kickoff returns.
LeGree (6'0 - 211) comes to the Green and White after spending time in the NFL over the last three seasons. Through that period the Appalachian State product spent time with the Buffalo Bills, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals and New York Jets.
The 25-year-old holds the Appalachian State record for most career interceptions and most interceptions in a season after recording 10 during his 2008 sophomore season.
Lopez (6'3 - 205) joins the Riders after spending last season with the Toronto Argonauts. The 26-year-old spent his first two CFL seasons with the Edmonton Eskimos after being selected by the team in the second round (14th overall) of the 2011 Canadian Draft. The University of Toronto product has played 11 career regular season games posting eight special teams tackles.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 18, 2014
- They Came, They Sawed, They Conquered - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Redblacks Home Opener Ticket Packs on sale Saturday - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Redblacks Sign DB Jermaine Robinson - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Expanded Video Review, Improved Health and Safety, Faster Game All on the Table - CFL
- Esks Head to Florida for Mini-Camp - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Add to Secondary - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions Sign Brandon Jordan to Extension - B.C. Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.