Richard Honored by League for Second Time
The Twin City Cyclones' hockey team, members of the Southern Professional Hockey League, the leader in Single "A" Hockey, announced today that forward Michael Richard was selected as the SPHL's Sher-Wood Player of Month for January. This builds on his recognition last week as the Sher-Wood Player of the Week. The St. Constant, Quebec native recorded 23 points in 13 games during January on 12 goals and 11 assists. His performance moved him into fourth place in overall league scoring. He has 21 goals and 31 assists in 41 games this season. His play has been one of the keys to the Cyclones' move into playoff contention.
The Cyclones return to action this coming weekend with games at Richmond and Fayetteville Friday February 6th and Saturday February 7th. The team returns to home ice Sunday February 8th with a 4:30 PM faceoff against Huntsville, upper level tickets for $5. Contact the Cyclones' office for ticket information at 336-721-1700.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2009
- Richmond Renegades 2009 Playoff Ticket Packages on Sale - Richmond Renegades
- Snakes Win One Of Three Last Week, At Home Friday And Saturday - Columbus Cottonmouths
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Havoc Picks Up One Point Over Weekend - Huntsville Havoc
- Richard Honored by League for Second Time - Twin City Cyclones
- Twin City Collects Five Points in Three Games - Twin City Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.