RHP Erich Uelmen placed on the 7-day disabled list
The Chicago Cubs have announced the following roster moves affecting the Myrtle Beach Pelicans:
-RHP Erich Uelmen has been placed on the 7-day disabled list, retroactive to August 9.
-LHP James Buckelew has been assigned to Myrtle Beach from Double-A Tennessee. He will wear No. 54.
Uelmen last pitched on July 25 at Carolina, where he departed the game after 2.2 innings due to injury. The Las Vegas native has made 17 starts this season between Low-A South Bend and Myrtle Beach, going 8-7 with a 3.67 ERA. In 81.0 innings, he has struck out 76 against 26 walks, surrendering 83 hits. Uelmen was selected by the Cubs in the fourth round of the 2017 draft out of Cal Poly San Luis-Obispo.
Buckelew was signed by the Cubs in July after being released in May by the Miami Marlins. Between Triple-A New Orleans and Double-A Jacksonville and Tennessee, Buckelew has pitched in 17 games, making one start. He is 1-3 with a 3.96 ERA. The left-hander out of Belmont University has given up 43 hits in 38.2 innings, striking out 26 against 17 walks. He was originally selected by the Minnesota Twins in the 45th round of the 2010 draft out of Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Ga. before attending Belmont.
The Pelicans' roster sits at 25 active players, with seven players on the disabled list.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from August 13, 2018
- Mudcats Lose Series Finale 7-4 in Salem - Carolina Mudcats
- Salem Clips Carolina 7-4 Monday - Salem Red Sox
- August 13 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- RHP Erich Uelmen placed on the 7-day disabled list - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Myrtle Beach Pelicans Stories
- Lynch, Blue Rocks Shut Down Pelicans on Saturday
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 25 at Wilmington
- Pitching Dominates, Birds Take Series Opener in Wilmington
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 24 at Wilmington
- RHP Brian Glowicki placed on the 7-day Injured List