Rhinos Sign Defender/Midfielder Sean Totsch
Rochester, NY - The Rochester Rhinos are pleased to announce the signing of defender/midfielder, Sean Totsch. The 6'2", 185 pound defender/midfielder is a graduate of Northern Illinois University where he was a four year starter and was named captain his senior year. Totsch joins a strong core of returning defenders for the 2015 season.
Totsch grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and graduated from Oswego (IL) High School early to join the Northern Illinois University soccer team. He started 14 of the 16 games he appeared in as a freshman and recorded six goals and two assists in 64 appearances over four years with Huskies. Following college, Totsch played club soccer with current Rhinos defender Pat McMahon at Bridges FC and traveled across Europe, Scandinavia, Austria and Slovakia training and playing soccer with the club.
Rhinos head coach Bob Lilley's first look at Totsch was at the invite-only combine in Buffalo earlier this year. "He has good technical ability and passing range. He's a versatile player that plays with an edge who can play in the back or defensive midfield," said Lilley. Totsch models his game after Per Mertersacker of Arsenal.
Totsch was asked what his typical day is like during Rhinos training camp and he said, "Training camp has been busy. My typical day is eat, shower, and then head to the locker room at Sahlen's Stadium. I then head to training with the team and return home to eat and shower again. I will do some work on the computer before I cook some dinner and spend the rest of the evening relaxing by playing some video games, prepare for the next day's practice and then head for bed before doing it again the next day."
When asked if he's ventured out since he's arrived in Rochester, Totsch responded, "Yes. I have a bit. I made a trip to Dinosaur BBQ and it was life changing; it was so good! I've also check out Bungaburger which was a great spot with great food."
Totsch's contract is his first professional contract and he is hungry, "My ultimate goal is to take my soccer as far and as high as it will go, hopefully to a first division European team one day."
The Rochester Rhinos continued their exhibition schedule on Friday, March 13th 2015 at Ottawa (NASL) and the matched finished in a 1:1 draw. The Rhinos return home to host Cornell University at 3PM on Sunday, March 15th 2015 at Sahlen's Stadium
Rochester opens their 2015 USL schedule on Saturday, March 28th at 2:00PM at Red Bulls Arena against the New York Red Bulls II. The Rhinos open their 20th home season with a 2:05PM kickoff at Sahlen's Stadium against the same New York Red Bulls II on Sunday, April 26th. Gates open at 12:30pm.
2015 Rhinos season tickets, flex packs and group tickets are available by calling (585) 454-KICK (5425), by visiting the MVP Health Care Box Office at Sahlen's Stadium, or by visiting rhinossoccer.com. Full season ticket packages start at $99.00 and the Rhinos Family Pass is $299.00 for a family of four.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 13, 2015
- Local Talent Added to STL FC Squad - Saint Louis FC
- OKC Energy FC Signs Omar Daley - OKC Energy FC
- Hounds Cruise Past Duquesne in Steel City Derby - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rhinos Play to Draw in Ottawa - Rochester Rhinos
- Rhinos Sign Defender/Midfielder Sean Totsch - Rochester Rhinos
- FC Montreal Roster Unveiled - FC Montreal
- Cortez and Suggs Return to Orange County Blues - Orange County SC
- Rhinos Annual Kickoff Dinner April 22nd - Rochester Rhinos
- Harrisburg City Islanders VS. UMBC TONIGHT - Penn FC
- NCAA Champion Goalkeeper, Haitian Forward Join Riverhounds - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Rhinos Stories
- Rochester Rhinos Approved for USL Division III
- US National Team Head Coach and Rochester Native, Dave Sarachan, to Visit Marina Auto Stadium Saturday, July 28
- Marina Auto Stadium to Host UPSL Northeast Conference Division Playoffs
- Marina Auto Stadium Hosts City of Rochester Camp Day
- Marina Auto Stadium Is Partnering with Lyft for the 2018 Season