Reigning IFL Offensive Player of the Year Joins Sugar Skulls
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed the Indoor Football's League's reigning Offensive Player of the Year, quarterback EJ Hilliard for the 2021 IFL season.
QB EJ Hilliard (6'3, 215, Valdosta State University, Florida International University) joins the Sugar Skulls for his second season in the IFL and his first in Tucson. As a member of the Quad City Steamwheelers in 2019, Hilliard was named the IFL's Offensive Player of the Year with a league leading 2,739 passing yard and 57 passing touchdowns, compared to just three interceptions. He also led the IFL with a 187.0 passer rating. As a runner, Hilliard added 462 rush yards and 18 rushing touchdowns.
The Miami, Florida native began his collegiate career with three years at Florida International University. Across 22 games, Hilliard threw for 1,756 yards with eight passing touchdowns. For his senior season, Hilliard then transferred to Valdosta State University, where he completed 225 of 346 passes for 2,425 yards and 22 touchdowns. He also added 312 rush yards and three touchdowns on 120 rushing attempts.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 1, 2020
- Troy Grant Added to Rattlers WR Corps - Arizona Rattlers
- Reigning IFL Offensive Player of the Year Joins Sugar Skulls - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Former IFL Champion Defensive Lineman Butler Signs with Tucson
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan
- Super Bowl Champion Wright Sr. Joins Sugar Skulls Defensive Line
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season
- Third-Year Defensive Lineman Francois Signs with Tucson