Regina Pats Jordan Weal Named Husky WHL Player of the Month
February 3, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
CALGARY, AB. - The Western Hockey League announced today that forward Jordan Weal, of the Regina Pats, has been named the HUSKY WHL Player of the Month for January.
The 19 year-old forward led all WHL scorers collected 25 points through the month of January finding the net nine times and accumulating 16 assists to go along with a +4 rating. Weal picked up points in all 12 games played, had seven multi-point nights and gathered goals in eight games. Some highlights include five point games against Prince Albert on January 4 and Victoria on January 13.
Weal currently sits second among all WHL scorers with 83 points (30 goals, 53 assists) in 51 games played. His consistent play helped the Regina Pats to a 6-4-2-0 record in the month of January and currently sit 7th in the WHL Eastern Conference with a 26-20-5-1 overall record for 58 points. Weal's efforts have also earned him a Three Star selection six times in January, with two being 1st Stars.
The North Vancouver, BC product is playing in his fourth full WHL season with the Pats who selected Weal in the 4th round of the 2007 WHL Draft. The Los Angeles Kings made the dynamic forward their 3rd round selection in the 2010 NHL Draft. This is Weal's first WHL Player of the Month Award; the last Regina Pat to earn the monthly honor was Jordan Eberle in October 2010.
His accomplishments make Jordan Weal a deserving choice as the HUSKY WHL Player of the Month for January.
HUSKY - proud sponsor of the WHL Education Program and the Canada West WHL Graduate of the Month.
2011-12 HUSKY WHL Player of the Month
January: Jordan Weal, Regina Pats
December: Michael St. Croix, Edmonton Oil Kings
November: Ty Rattie, Portland Winterhawks
September/October: Emerson Etem, Medicine Hat Tigers
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2012
- Chiefs Win in a Shootout Over Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- Hawks Win 19th Straight at Home with 7-3 Victory Over Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Fall to Chiefs - Victoria Royals
- Americans Shut Down T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rockets defeat Prince George - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Back on Track - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kootenay defeat Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
- Dinner Tickets Scarce - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Regina Pats Jordan Weal Named Husky WHL Player of the Month - WHL
- Calgary Hitmen's Chris Driedger Named Vaughn WHL Goaltender of the Month - WHL
- Pats Weekend Preview - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.