RedBlacks Sign QB Devlin "Duck" Hodges
OTTAWA - The Ottawa REDBLACKS have signed American quarterback Devlin "Duck" Hodges to a three-year contract, the club announced Thursday.
The 25-year old Alabama native and Samford University product most recently worked out for the New York Giants. Hodges originally signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2019 following a standout collegiate career. He has played in eight NFL games, six as the starter, all with the Steelers.
In his four years as the starter at Samford, Hodges was named the Southern Conference Player of the Year three times. In 2018, a season in which Hodges set an NCAA FCS record with 14,584 passing yards, he was awarded the Walter Payton Award.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Elks Announce COVID-19 Safety Measures for September 18 Game - Edmonton Elks
- A.C. Leonard receives an additional one-game suspension; six players fined - CFL
- Roughriders Sign Receiver Rashard Davis - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Harris Headed to Injured List - Edmonton Elks
- Bringing the Message of Truth and Reconciliation to the Football Field - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Sign QB Devlin "Duck" Hodges - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.