A.C. Leonard receives an additional one-game suspension; six players fined
September 16, 2021 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League announced today:
Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive lineman A.C. Leonard has been suspended for one additional game due to a verbal abuse and unacceptable behaviour towards the doping control officers. Leonard was previously suspended for two games for failing to provide a sample for drug testing.
Fines from Week 6:
Saskatchewan Roughriders safety Mike Edem was fined for a tourist hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers receiver Nic Demski.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers running back Andrew Harris was fined for grabbing Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive back Christian Campbell's facemask in a reckless and unsafe manner.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers offensive lineman Drew Desjarlais was fined for his involvement in instigating the altercation between the two teams.
Calgary Stampeders offensive lineman Justin Lawrence was fined for a chop-block on Edmonton Elks defensive lineman Jake Ceresna.
Edmonton Elks linebacker Nyles Morgan was fined for kicking Calgary Stampeders offensive lineman Bryce Bell.
An additional fine from Week 5:
Toronto Argonauts defensive back Shaquille Richardson was fined for unsportsmanlike conduct in the Labour Day Classic against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
As per league policy, the amounts of the player fines were not disclosed.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Elks Announce COVID-19 Safety Measures for September 18 Game - Edmonton Elks
- A.C. Leonard receives an additional one-game suspension; six players fined - CFL
- Roughriders Sign Receiver Rashard Davis - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Harris Headed to Injured List - Edmonton Elks
- Bringing the Message of Truth and Reconciliation to the Football Field - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Sign QB Devlin "Duck" Hodges - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.